Steps To Stream Content From PC To Firestick
Amazon Firestick is a device that has changed the world of entertainment. Basically, its ability to transform any normal Television into a smart TV is one that is bringing revolutions for people who like to entertain themselves on their couch through their big screens. You can stream a variety of content using the firestick or play a number of games or even deploy the fireTV for security purposes or web browsing. One of the best features of the firestick is that you can use it to mirror your PC on to your big screen and enjoy your collections. Here’s how you can connect different PC systems to your FireTV.
For Windows 10 PC
For the very basics, people who use Windows PC which is a majority of the world, you will need to ensure that your Firestick device is connected properly and that your PC and the fireTV are on the same Wi-fi network. Then you can follow these steps:
- In your FireTV, long press the home button for the menu to pop up and then select mirroring.
- Click on the notifications icon on the Windows10 PC and click on connect. This should show the Firestick option id connected on the same wi-fi network.
- Click on your firestick name to connect.
You can choose from a number of options for displaying between:
Choosing this option will give you precise mirroring of each and everything happening on your PC.
This option will enable you to use your TV as the primary mode of display.
This is a very fantastic option as it helps you to enlarge your screen space for multi-tasking. You can enjoy your favorite content on the big screen from your PC and work on the same platform at the same time. You can find more information on mirroring usages on this website to enhance your experience.
Though there are no options available on the Macbook to mirror with the firestick, there are certain apps that will enable you to do so using the Airplay technology. The steps include:
- Download and install the AirPlay mirror receiver on your Firestick. Keep the app open until you setup mirroring from your Mac.
- On your Macbook select the display option from system preferences. Then select the Airplay option from the mirroring options and select your firestick device to connect.
For simple and hassle-free mirroring from PC to the firestick, you can consider downloading and installing the Plex app on both your PC and Firestick and create an account on the app, and then follow the steps below:
- Sign in to your Plex Account on both the devices.
- Switch on the home media server on your PC and then you will be able to access your PC collection on your Firestick.
Plex app is free and you can expect a good performance but for having an enhanced entertainment experience you should sign up for Plex Pass. This will allow you access to some of the unique features for enjoying your quality time better.