Encountering error 4013 on your iPhone during a restore or OS update can be disheartening, as it indicates that the device cannot be restored.
This situation may appear daunting, as your phone remains unusable until the issue is resolved. However, the good news is that fixing error 4013 is a relatively straightforward process.
The following sections will explore the causes behind iPhone error 4013 and present effective solutions.
Why Does iPhone Error 4014 Happen?
If you’ve encountered iPhone error 4013 or iTunes error 4013, you may wonder what causes this issue. Here are the reasons for this error mentioned below:
- Faulty USB cable: A defective or damaged USB cable can result in poor connectivity between your iPhone and the computer, leading to error 4013 during the restore or update process.
- Damaged USB port: If the USB port on your computer or the port on your iPhone is damaged, it can cause communication issues and trigger error 4013.
- Third-party security software: Certain security software or firewalls installed on your computer may interfere with the connection between iTunes and your iPhone, resulting in error 4013.
- Built-in firewall system: The firewall system on your computer can also block the necessary communication between iTunes and your iPhone, causing the error to occur.
- Communication issues: Error 4013 indicates a connection problem between your iOS device and iTunes. This suggests that communication difficulties may prevent iTunes from accessing Apple servers to download the necessary firmware for updates or restoration.
It’s important to note that while these are common reasons for iPhone error 4013, other factors may also contribute to the issue.
Different Ways To Fix 4013 Error iPhone
There are several methods you can try to resolve this error. Let’s explore some of them:
Fix Error 4013 on iPhone/iTunes by Solving Computer Problems
When error 4013 occurs with your iPhone, it may be because of your computer. If your machine is having problems, this could cause error 4013. What you should do is:
- Check to see if the internet on your computer is working well. If not, just connect to the internet again or turn your WIFI on and off.
- Check your computer’s third-party protection software or built-in firewall, close it, and try again.
- Check your computer’s version, make sure it’s the most recent one, and then give it a shot.
- Try connecting your iPhone to iTunes on a different machine.
- If your computer is fine, check the connection of your USB port.
Check the USB Port and Connection to Fix iPhone/iTunes Error 4013
When the 4013 error iPhone shows up, the problem is almost certainly with the hardware. So the first thing you should do is ensure all your USB ports and devices are working. What you should do is:
- Make sure you’re using an Apple USB port.
- Check to see if the cable link is right.
- To see if it works, reconnect the wire.
- Change the USB port.
- Try to connect to another computer.
Fix iPhone/iTunes Problem 4013 by Resetting all of the iPhone’s Settings
- Start up your iPhone 13, 12, 11, XR, XS (Max), or any other model.
- Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings.
- Repair iTunes 4013
- You could also lose info using this method, so you should back up your iPhone to iCloud or iTunes.
- Clean up Space on your iPhone to fix iPhone/iTunes error 4013
When updating iOS on an iPhone error 4013 happens. So the problem could happen if your iPhone lacks enough Space for a new update.
So you should ensure the iPhone has enough Space; if it doesn’t, you should clean it up.
Factory Reset on iPhone to Fix Error 4013
You can also try factory restarting your iPhone to fix iTunes 4013 or iPhone 4013. Here are the steps to do a hard reset to fix it.
- Start with creating a backup of your iPhone.
- Go to “Settings”, “General”, and “Reset”
- Choose “Erase All Content and Settings”.
- Enter your PIN or Passcode.
- Tap on “Erase iPhone.”
Fix iPhone Error 4013 by Entering DFU Mode on iPhone
If none of the other suggestions worked, you might have to put your device into DFU mode. Don’t try this until you’ve tried everything else and know it won’t work.
Still, it will cost you all the data on your Apple device, including everything but the usual apps, pictures, videos, etc., because it will wipe out everything on your iPhone or iPad and set it up as if it were brand new.
So, how do you put your iPhone 13, 12, 11, XR, XS (Max), or any other type of iPhone into DFU mode?
- Start iTunes and connect your iPhone to the computer.
- Press and hold the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons simultaneously for 10 seconds.
Using a Powerful System Repair Software-Wondershare Dr.Fone
There are a lot of different ways to fix the iPhone error 4013. But the problem is that it’s hard to determine where the problem is coming from, so most answers are based on trial and error.
In other words, you try something; if it doesn’t work, you try something else.
This can be a very hard and long process that doesn’t guarantee results and risks losing much information. But if you want a one-touch solution that can quickly find and fix the problem without losing data, you should use Dr.Fone – System Repair (iOS), also used for iOS system recovery.
- Get Dr.Fone and start it up. Choose ‘System Repair’ from the main menu.
- You can use a cable to link your gadget to the computer. Dr.Fone will show you how to fix your iPhone in two ways. Try the standard mode first to keep your info safe.
- You will have to put your gadget into Recovery Mode. To put the iPhone into Recovery Mode, follow the step-by-step instructions.
- Then you will see a list of all the iOS software you can use now. You only need to click “Download.” The download could take a while, depending on your internet speed.
- After you download it, it will scan your device for bugs and fix them. You will soon get a message saying, “Repair of the operating system is complete.”
This means that your device is now working properly again. The whole thing shouldn’t take more than 10 minutes, and you won’t have to do anything!
So now you are aware of what the iPhone error 4013 is and its cause. Additionally, you are aware of every possible DIY method.
You would have to use many trial-and-error methods because it is difficult to diagnose iPhone error 4013 because of its ambiguous nature, putting you at risk of losing data.
However, we advise using Dr.Fone – System Repair because it will analyze your complete system and solve any issues it finds without erasing any data.