Gaming is witnessing a boom and rightly so. Be it the biggest game-developing companies or the small-time creator, things are looking upbeat for all. While some are deliberately slowing the release of their best game, others are churning out new games every month.
There is no denying that this decade will be an excellent one for gaming. With new trends like online casino ohne 5 sekunden pause gaining traction, it is impossible to predict what new heights will be achieved in the years to come.
In this post, we take a look at some of the most promising gaming trends that will set the stage this decade.
- Use of wearables – When gaming started, people had small devices to play with. As tech developed, the screens got bigger and consoles too. Presently, the day is not far when the screen will be replaced by Virtual Reality (VR).
The use of wearables will become the highlight of any game that will go viral. Yes, wearables are expensive but tech has been a great enabler so far and this sector will be no different.
The whole feeling of being someplace else from the comfort of your home is being increasingly preferred by many. New and innovative product launches in this regard are proof of this fact.
- Cross-platform gaming – Initially, gaming as an activity was restricted. Today, it is universally acknowledged as a leisure activity for all age groups. With more people indulging in it, it is only natural that a little bit of democracy seeps in.
Gamers have forever demanded that cross-platform gaming become a reality. The obstruction has been the huge cost involved in doing so along with some technological impediments.
With more people spending money on games, these factors nullify themselves and this trend is already becoming a mainstream reality.
- Active video games – For a long time now, it has been stated that gaming leads to a sedentary lifestyle. While it is true that sports or physical games were meant to keep us on our feet during non-work hours, console gaming has done the opposite.
In comes the concept of active video games or fitness gaming, where not only do you enjoy the game but also remain physically alert while losing those extra calories. This is not a new trend though and has been around for a long time.
It is only now that it is getting the necessary impetus, thanks to awareness among the gaming community.
- Metaverse gaming – With metaverse being the buzzword of the decade, could it be that gaming would remain untouched? Metaverse gaming is as popular as it can be.
The reason behind the rise of this form of gaming is that it gives more control to gamers. How often have you wanted your favorite gaming character or avatar to be just a little different? With Metaverse, you can create your own avatars and more.
Moreover, the whole gaming experience is on a different level with more interaction among gamers from different parts of the world. What makes this interaction different from other forms of gaming is that it is in real-time. More freedom and instant reactions are what is going to define the future of gaming.
- Cloud gaming – As the name suggests, cloud gaming combines the two biggest industries in the tech world. With cloud gaming, there is no need for you to purchase expensive screens or wearables, or consoles.
The success of this trend will, however, depend on the penetration of 5G and broadband connectivity across the world. This is because cloud gaming will increasingly rely on streaming of games.
Another advantage of cloud gaming is that multiplayer will get a new meaning since the internet can connect people across continents. Gone are the days when multiplayer meant getting your neighboring kids to play your favorite game. With cloud gaming, you can spread your wings far and wide.
The gaming industry will surely encounter more emerging trends that might change the complete scenario. However, the central themes shall always revolve around the needs and aspirations of the gaming community and the speed with which technological development can keep pace with such aspirations.
Each of the trends discussed above will experience a lot of competition and it will definitely result in a better experience for the gamers. The gaming community will also figure out ways to evolve into a more sustainable one so as to assuage legitimate concerns around addiction.