Wondershare Recoverit Data Recovery – Is It the Best Data Recovery Software Out There?
Even as cloud storage is gaining traction, the use of hard drives is still prevalent. Data loss in hard drives is a perennial issue and this article reviews a software you can use for hard drive recovery – Wondershare Recoverit. The Linux Data Recovery – This data recovery software works well with all the file systems supported on Linux devices, including EXT4, BTRFS, XFS, and BFS
If you have ever used a hard drive you will know that data loss may result from human errors or software issues. However, the major reason for it is the failure of the hard drive itself.
Since it is such a common problem, it is only logical that a way to recover the data from the hard drive be found. There are tons of software in the market which claim to help you with this but not all of them are worth your money.
Wondershare Recoverit Data Recovery
It doesn’t matter what kind of data you had on the hard drive, with Wondershare Recoverit Data Recovery, you can get all your audio, video, image, email, and other files which either got lost or deleted.
Wondershare Recoverit Data Recovery supports the restoration of all types of files and file systems, be it NTFS, FAT, HFS+, or APFS. If you are wondering whether your device (be it the host device or the storage device) will be compatible with this hard drive recovery software, you do not need to worry. Apart from the generally used devices like Mac/PC, hard drives, USB flash drives, and external hard drives, it also works with drones, dash cams, camcorders, action cameras, and music/video players.
Wondershare Recoverit works in over 500 scenarios where your data might get lost or deleted and thus, has a 95% recovery rate.
Key Features of Wondershare Recoverit At a Glance
In our review, we found that Wondershare Recoverit is a treasure trove of useful features. Here is a list of those features (covered in detail below):
- Enhanced Photo and Video Recovery
- Corrupted Video Repair
- System Crashed Computer Recovery
- NAS Data Recovery
- Linux Data Recovery
Let us now take a look at each of the above features in detail.
- Enhanced Photo and Video Recovery – While photo and video recovery is a feature that is provided by many data recovery solutions, what makes Recoverit different is that it ensures that the quality of your data remains intact. Moreover, there is no limit on the number of photos and videos that you can recover without loss of quality.
- Corrupted Video Repair – It is no secret that some recovered videos may be corrupted and need to be repaired. With Wondershare Recoverit, videos of MP4, AVI, and many other formats can be repaired (even in batches).
- System Crashed Computer Recovery – More often than not, if your primary hard drive is facing an issue, it may lead to a system crash. With this software, you can create a bootable USB drive to recover your crashed system in no time.
- NAS Data Recovery – NAS servers like Thecus are complex in nature and if there is a data loss in such systems, you need to be careful as to not unplug the disk from the NAS. Wondershare Recoverit helps you with this.
- Linux Data Recovery – This data recovery software works well with all the file systems supported on Linux devices.
How to Recover Files from Hard Drive with Wondershare Recoverit?
In this section, we take a look at the step-by-step process of recovering files from a hard drive with Wondershare Recoverit.
Step 1 – Download and Install Wondershare Recoverit
Needless to say, you first need to download and install Wondershare Recoverit on your device.
Step 2 – Select a Location
Once you have installed the software, you need to run it. You will be greeted with an interface that looks like the one shown below.
Here, you need to select the location from which you need to recover data that has been lost or deleted. Once done, you click on ‘Start’.
Step 3 – Scanning the Selected Location
In this step, the scanning process begins and all the files and folders in the selected location start showing up in real-time on the software interface.
Even as the scanning process is on, you can select files and/or stop the scanning process. The whole process used to take a lot of time in previous versions of the software. However, the latest version saves you hours.
Step 4 – Preview and Recover Files
This is the final step. When the scan results are on the screen, you can select any file to preview.
As soon as you click “Preview”, a popup window will appear with a preview of the file. This helps you in deciding if this is indeed the file that you wish to recover.
Once you are certain about the file that you want to recover, just click on the ‘Recover’ button (shown in the image above). Next, you need to select the Path where you want to save the recovered files.
As soon as you click on ‘Recover’ again, you will find that the recovered file will be at the selected location. Easy, isn’t it?
Tips on Hard Drive Data Loss
While some situations w.r.t hard drive data loss are unavoidable, here are a few tips you must keep in mind to prevent it.
- Most hard drives crash when there is overheating. Take all steps to prevent overheating your device.
- Always turn off your computer when it is not being used. This keeps it cool.
- Never ignore regular backing up of your data.
Data is crucial; it doesn’t matter if you are an individual or an enterprise. Only the stakes may vary. It is, therefore, necessary to use a reliable data recovery solution like Wondershare Recoverit.
From data recovery in hard drives to crashed system recovery, Wondershare Recoverit covers the whole gamut of problems that can be faced. The fast scanning and recovery process adds on to the list of features that make it the most preferred data recovery solution on the internet today.