Why Printable Calendars Are Still Relevant For Your Business In 2018
There is a constant worldwide discussion over the permissions that apps and programs have on your smartphone, tablet and computer. As a business person, you handle sensitive data that requires security above all. Since all devices are connected, you only need a flaw on one of them to corrupt your data and unwillingly share it with unauthorized agents.
Meanwhile, you must manage your business and come with the best solutions for company operations, brand growth and employee productivity and motivation. Therefore, it’s an appropriate time to discuss about a reliable and accessible tool for your work – printable calendars.
A Brief Overview
Image Source: Deposit Photos
The most efficient calendars are the printable ones, as you can choose your own design and dimensions. To make sure you have access to sufficient data, but not too much, you can choose monthly calendars which outline both working days and weekends. Since the current one already began, you can look for a next month calendar printout that adapts to the free space you have on your desk wall.
You can frame or gently glue the calendar to the wall, since you will need to replace it monthly. Alternatively, you can add a magnet support to the printout and adjust its position, when necessary.
What Makes Printable Calendars Relevant and Useful
1. The Information They Contain
First and foremost, your calendar provides you with an overall view on your monthly schedule. By looking at it you can:
- Calculate how many days you need for a project;
- How to schedule meetings and events depending on weekend days;
- Mark busy days when you’re unavailable for daily tasks;
- How long a recurrent task lasted;
- How many working days you have in a month.
2. Their Specs
Being analog tools, calendars have specs which might save you time and effort. Here are some of them:
- Easy to use and no learning process involved;
- Versatile when it comes to their spot in your office;
- Digital independence, therefore free to use when the power is out;
- Organized information in a limited space which keeps you from overcharging it;
- Saves time that you usually spend logging in, opening documents and switching through apps.
3. Impact on Employees
Calendars work for both yourself and your employees. If your office is open space or the calendar wall is public, then you have more advantages.
- Motivate employees to take notes regarding your schedule and when they can demand for a meeting.
- Boost their attention during meetings, as the information is only available in the calendar.
- Through your example, you offer them reliable time management solutions.
- You provide employees with access to information, but not the option to edit your schedule.
- Eliminate the risk to accidentally lose, delete or edit data of high importance.
4. Psychological Boost
You write in your calendar every time you have a new schedule-related information. However, we all know that writing down a task instead of typing it helps you remember. Once you complete the task, project, meeting, report or event, you can cross or tick it. This way, you also gain a psychological and visible reward that work is done.
The psychological productivity boost is also there indefinitely, as you have a visual reminder of your activity every time you look at the calendar. You won’t have to place a conversation on hold to access your calendar. Also, you have quicker and wiser decision making due to accessibility of information.
5. Open to Syncing
If you prefer digital tools and don’t find engaging in paper time scheduling just yet, you can sync your calendar with cloud programs and apps. By deciding which information is most suitable for the calendar and which goes to other tools, you also have back-up facts.
Calendars work best if used with paper planners or an agenda. Since they are not to-do lists, you shouldn’t overcharge it with tasks that last for a few hours or even less. However, it is even more useful if you make references such as see calendar or see agenda.
The worldwide sensitive discussion about data privacy when using apps and programs began with Facebook. Around 50 million profiles were harvested in what seems to be a data breach. Since many brands or companies have Facebook pages, you might naturally worry about your business information. Specialized brands warn users to take app permissions more seriously and manage their smartphone content.
Meanwhile, according to the NY Times, calendar sales grew with 8% and reached $65 million. Paper planners and appointment books had a 10% sales growth in recent years. These business tools remain strong on the market despite all digital programs, software and apps.
Printable calendars are famous in households and useful in companies. They have plenty of advantages that compensate their negative traits. Use a calendar and boost your business operations!