Every company that wants to make it in this very competitive world will at some point need a blog. A company blog has just as many advantages as does a personal blog, if not more. Though the results of starting a company blog may not be visible immediately, after traffic to the blog starts to build, the company will have started to reap the rewards.
6 Reasons Why Companies Should Have a Blog
Here are the main reasons why companies should have a blog.
- Giving a face to the company – The way a blog is run and packaged will give a company its image. It’s therefore an easy way of presenting the better side of the company to those who will land on the blog by default or by design.
- Tackling important issues from a central point – Crucial company information can be disbursed through its blog and this can give the information more weight.
- Gives a company some level of credibility – Having a company blog is like implying that there is nothing to hide. A company blog will give customers a platform to express themselves and have their queries addressed. This makes a company look trustworthy.
- Attracts traffic and therefore customers to the company – A blog that is properly managed and which is updated regularly will eventually attract a good flow of traffic which will translate into improved business.
- Informs people of new products and events – A company blog can be a very necessary platform for launching products, and informing the public of events taking place. There is a continuous flow of visitors to the internet looking for goods and services. Having a blog where they will be in a position to see the responses of other users will raise the demand for the company.
- Gives a company a platform to respond to critics – Every company will find itself facing allegations intended to tarnish its reputation. This will often come from competitors or disgruntled customers. During such times, a company blog will serve to put the record straight by countering the damaging information with what they want the masses to hear.
There are various reasons why companies don’t blog. These include:
- Inability to determine who will run the blog: Companies are often run by a group of people. Deciding who from among the rest will take charge of the blog can be difficult.
- Imaginary lack of content: It’s normal for companies to feel like they will not have the required amount of information to sustain a blog. This is however a wrong perception because for an active company there is always something happening.
- Fear of revealing too much to competitors: An active blog may possibly contain most of the company’s doings, acquisitions, plans and strategies. Being in public domain, it will be impossible to restrict who sees the blog. This can arm competitors with the facts they need to beat your company by either staying a step ahead or by using the information to in the wrong context.
- Lack of understanding by management: A company can have a management team that does not understand the need of having a company blog. It might be a team that has operated for long without the need for advancing technology; and the need of a blog will not make much sense.
- Fear of running out of content: For a blog to have any effect on a company, it will need to be fed continuously in order to retain relevancy and to keep readers updated. Companies without a lot of activity may not find the need to have a dormant blog. This can keep a company from starting a blog all together.
- Lack of time: Busy companies may not have the time or the need to run a blog. After rushing through the day’s events, the last thing company owners would think of is updating a blog that they feel no need of in the first place.
- Lack of expertise: There may be no one competent enough in a company to operate the blog in a professional way. Running a blog without the necessary know how can do more harm to a company and being without a blog. The person updating the blog and responding to posts on the blog has to be carefully picked to avoid embarrassments and constant apologies.
- Naivety: Ignorance of social trends can cause a company not to understand the need for a blog.
Regardless of the many reasons that companies may have for not having a blog, the merits of having one, far outweigh those of being without. A company blog can be carefully manipulated to give the company an image that is much larger than the company itself.
Your Business Needs These 13 Digital Security Solutions – Here’s How To Get The Most Out Of Each
How would you characterize your organization’s digital security posture? If you’re not sure how to answer this question, or perhaps would prefer not to answer it at all, you’re not alone. Countless decision-makers, from uber-competent CTOs and CISOs to CEOs and COOs who couldn’t code…
Louisiana And Oklahoma Introduce Digital Identification To Prevent Fake ID Use
Digital ID in Louisiana Utilizing digital IDs has been a commonly broached topic for a while now. Although most states are only either deliberating their helpfulness or in the utmost initial stages, Louisiana has moved forward. The primary introduction of this technology was done back…
ScanGuard Review – Here is What You Should Know
Doesn’t it sound good and satisfying to have a goop-performing antivirus that is reliable enough? Yes, it is. For that reason, you need to be extra careful when you are in search of a good antivirus. Put all the necessary factors into consideration so that…
The Emerging Need for Social Media Security
By the time you’ve finished reading this sentence, nearly 700 passwords have been stolen from social media accounts across the world. Social media security breaches have the potential to cause up to $6 trillion in cybercrime damages by 2021, up from $3 billion in costs…
Which New Lorex Security Camera Is Right for Your Home?
Keeping your family and your possessions safe requires a proactive approach, and one way to protect what you care about is with a security camera system. Lorex Technology is well known for their security camera solutions, and their two newest products will change the way…
- 3D Printing
- App Dev
- Artificial Intelligence
- Arts and Entertainment
- Big Data
- Blockchain Tech
- Business Technology
- Car Technology
- Cloud Computing
- Cloud Storage
- Computer and Technology
- Conference Calling
- Coupons and Deals
- Cyber Security
- Dark Left 1
- Data Center
- Data Recovery
- Digital Arena
- Digital Marketing
- Edu Tech
- Email Marketing
- Google Glass
- Guides and Tutorials
- Health and Fitness
- Home Improvement
- Home Security
- Internet and Businesses Online
- Internet Marketing
- IT Careers
- Mobile Apps
- Mobile Security
- New Tech
- Online Shopping
- Project Management
- Reference and Education
- Reputation Management
- Sales & Marketing
- Shopping and Product reviews
- Small Business
- Social Media
- Tech Trends
- Technical Support
- Technology in Education
- Tips & Tricks
- Tips And Tricks
- Video Conferencing
- Virtual Reality
- Wearable Technology
- Web Design
- Web Development
- Web Hosting
How To Use Customer Reviews To Market Your Brand
Need an efficient way to build your brand’s reputation? You’d do well to consider harnessing the power of customer reviews. A good customer review is a testament to the quality and credibility of your brand. It’s a great way to build your reputation, social proof…
Top 7 Reasons Why Agile And Scrum Are Essential For Your Team
Agile and Scrum are all the rage in the corporate world. If your business wants to save money and also satisfy customers to the maximum extent possible, giving Agile and Scrum training to your teams is the right answer! These empirical processes focus on higher…
How to Immediately Improve Your Online Security
While the internet might seem paradisiacal, danger lurks in the obscurity of it. Apart from outsourcing your IT needs to specialists like IT support companies in London, there are immediate measures you can take to ensure your online world is as secure as the home…
Everything You Need To Know About Cybersecurity In 2019
With long workdays and jam-packed weekends, it’s a godsend that we can do most of our shopping, social interaction, and many other day-to-day tasks from the convenience of our computers and mobile devices. The internet has been making our lives so much easier for the…
4 Reasons Why You Should Upgrade Your Cybersecurity Right Now
Decades have passed since the phenomenon called the internet, cybersecurity is still very much a threat to businesses and individual users alike. Considering how much money cybersecurity companies invest to bolster their solutions, you would think that cybersecurity threats would be a thing of the…
Why Small Businesses Need A Web Application Firewall
Today, cyber security is one of the primary concerns of small businesses and large tech companies alike. The threat landscape is ever-evolving, with increasingly sophisticated hackers racing to thwart cyber security experts as they build stronger lines of defense. On top of that, the numbers…