Which Social Media Platform Should I Pick For My Business?
If you’re going to expand your business through franchising, the use of social media is an absolute necessity. Social media marketing has proven to be one of the most effective ways to market your ice cream business due to a number of different ways. Of course, choosing what social platform you decide to use is essential if you expect to expand your ice cream business.
The Importance of Social Media Marketing
The following are a few ways that social media marketing can help expand your ice cream business through franchising:
- Increase brand awareness – By being active on social media, you’ll increase your chances of boosting awareness of your brand. Whenever you post content, whether it’s a link to a blog article, a video or just a comment, your followers have a chance of seeing it. They can then comment on your content, share or like it (depending on the functions of the social platform you’re using), which allows members of their social circle to see it and engage with it as well.
- Engage with your customer base – Keeping your customer base engaged is essential to ensuring your brand stays at the top of their minds. It also allows you to foster relationships with your followers, allowing you to build trust and loyalty. Not to mention that this gives them an easier way to connect with your company and to relate to it on a more personal level.
- Receive valuable feedback – You can gain valuable feedback by posting questions about your product or business to your followers—or by simply paying attention to their comments and reviews.
- Inform the public – You can leverage social media to inform followers about special events and promotions.
Choosing a Social Media Channel to Use
As you know, there are hundreds of different social platforms out there. Some have billions of users—some are incredibly niche platforms and may only have a few thousand users. So how exactly do you choose what social network to use? The following are a few tips that you should keep in mind when determining what social channels to use for your ice cream business:
- Use multiple social networks – You don’t have to limit yourself to just one. Different social platforms target different demographics. If your ice cream business targets multiple demographics, you may want to use multiple social channels. For example, Pinterest is often used by middle-aged women, whereas Instagram is used more by younger generations.
- Don’t use too many social networks – Of course, using too many social networks can be a problem as well. You don’t want to spread yourself too thin. Whatever social network you decide to use, you need to be active on it—you should post regularly and engage with followers. If you’re on too many social platforms, it can be difficult to keep up, which means you’ll end up limiting the effectiveness of your social media marketing efforts.
- Don’t start without a plan – There’s no point in signing up to various social media platforms if you don’t have some kind of goal in place and a plan to achieve that goal. What specifically do you want to get out of using social media? Is it your goal to increase awareness? Establish yourself as an authority? Increase leads? Figure this out before diving in head first.
- Understand that social media marketing is a long-term strategy – Don’t get frustrated if you don’t meet your goals overnight. Social media marketing is a long-term strategy that will see results over time.
Popular Social Media Networks
To get you started, the following are some of the more popular social media platforms that you should look into:
- Facebook – If you’re only going to use one social network, then it should probably be Facebook. There are over a billion people using Facebook every month, with over 665 million active users on a daily basis. Facebook also boasts PPC advertising that allows you to target specific followers with your content.
- Twitter – Twitter has roughly 215 million daily users. It’s 140 character limit means that it’s perfect for micro content. Twitter is used by many businesses to inform consumers about upcoming events, promotions and news.
- Instagram – Instagram is a photo-sharing social channel that’s perfect for businesses that boast visual products. Not only are there roughly 150 million users, but you can post Instagram photos on other social channels as well.
Other popular social networks worth checking out include Google+, Pinterest, and YouTube—and don’t forget about niche networks, like those dedicated to food.