Screenshots were seldom utilized until a few years ago. They weren’t big on pop culture and only had limited applicability. However, the situation has altered dramatically in recent years, with screenshots becoming commonplace. Screenshots are used practically everywhere, from taking a snapshot of a hilarious joke and sharing it with your friends to collecting screenshots of websites to analyze them during visual cross browser testing.
Although we are all aware of traditional screenshot capture techniques such as the Snipping Tool, few of us are familiar with the most up-to-date solutions available in the market.
Keeping this in mind, we’ve compiled a list of the best 9 Tools For Automated Screenshot Testing
Stillio is an online service that allows you to schedule screenshots at various intervals, such as hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, and so on. Simply supply the URL of the website (s) you want to monitor and the snapshot frequency, and the platform will take care of the rest! The application takes screenshots at predetermined intervals and saves them in your account, sorted by domain for easier retrieval.
You may arrange the images in any way you like by adding custom names and tags, and you can even mark significant photos as favorites. Collaborating with team members becomes a breeze with the ability to connect your account with Google Drive and Dropbox, as well as a simple direct sharing tool. The tool may help you improve your SEO ranking insights, track your competitor websites, and monitor copyright infringements, among other things. Important features include:
- Stillio offers a cutting-edge user interface that is simple to use.
- It connects to your cloud services and sends out auto-notifications when fresh screenshots are taken, so you’re always up to date.
- Screen shots based on element actions are also available.
- For maximum customization, users may adjust the height and width of the screenshots you want.
- The program enables you to take screenshots from GEO-IP locations all around the world.
Screenshow uses a three-step process to collect automatic screenshots: pick a URL, choose the frequency and resolution, and press capture. The photos are provided at lightning rates, with gorgeous rendering and no development time, thanks to super-fast CDNs.
The program has a dedicated archive function that allows you to view all of your previous screenshots and follow their evolution and changes over time. Before the photos are taken, you may also choose between the browser frame and screen resolution. Screenshow captures screenshots in retina resolution using Chrome, ensuring that they are the highest quality. Some of the important features include:
- You may choose from a number of device frames using Screenshow, including iPhones, iPads, and desktops.
- The program ensures that you always view the most recent snapshot from a given URL.
- You have the option of taking advantage of bulk savings
TechSmith is a basic and easy-to-use screenshot capture tool. Advanced picture editing and screen recording are built-in to the program. It enhances your screen capturing experience by allowing you to easily generate high-quality photographs and films. Aside from that, the application makes editing screenshots and recording videos relatively simple. You can easily record your whole desktop, an area, a window, or even a scrolling screen.
All you need to do to take a screenshot with URLbox is enter your preferred URL and click ‘Render.’ This provides a one-of-a-kind render URL for your website, which you may use to retrieve the screenshot taken by the program. Simple and sweet! After you have signed up for the tool, you may change the form and size of the screenshot according to the viewport measurements.
The API delivers a high-quality JPEG or PNG screenshot and thumbnails that are ultra-fast, responsive, and dependable after all settings have been adjusted. The lightweight API of the tool has been created with ease of use and integration in mind, making it compatible with any application or programming language. Some of the important features include:
- The API queries are rapid, and you may sometimes send many parameters to it, covering most use cases.
- The tool offers “lazy loading,” which allows it to postpone object instantiation until needed. By lowering the page’s weight this aids in boosting performance.
- The technology is very accurate because it captures online pages using the most recent web browsers. This simply implies that the screenshots can handle the latest HTML, JS, and CSS technologies.
- The service may also display online fonts and Adobe Flash content to guarantee that the screenshots are of the maximum quality.
Lightshot is a user-friendly tool with a simple and straightforward user interface. The user-friendly design makes working with the program simpler and quicker. You can pick any location on your desktop and capture it as a screenshot by just pressing a button. You may quickly submit the snapshot to the server and get a shareable link. You can also use the application to modify screenshots as you take them immediately.
FireShot is a Chrome Webstore plugin that allows you to take complete web page screenshots. You may also comment and modify screenshots before saving them as PDF/JPEG/GIF/PNG files. You may save these screenshots to OneNote, copy them to your clipboard, or email them to yourself for future reference. If you simply want to capture the viewable portion of the page, you may do that.
Blit is your go-to tool if you seek an easy alternative to manual inspection and screenshot taking of websites regularly. To make the program operate for you, just enter the website URL and set up a capture schedule. It will automatically snap screenshots and send them to your email or cloud storage in a flash (supported cloud accounts include Google Drive, Azure, Dropbox, FTP, Webhook, AWS S3, and more).
Using this program, you may even capture a snapshot of a specified URL every minute! There’s also a dedicated screenshot search option that makes finding the files once they’ve been collected simpler. After you’ve supplied a sitemap for an RSS feed, Blit allows you to capture it. The tool’s creators have included an incredibly interactive feature that allows users to manipulate the recorded page by concealing cookie banners, pop-ups, and advertisements in an unusual move. Some of the important features include:
- You have the option of creating a very flexible screen capture schedule using Blit. You have complete control over the dates and times.
- It allows users to record many URLs at once.
- The technology has your job cut out for you since it takes care of activities like logging in and filling out forms, making it a painless experience.
- It enables you to make a variety of interactions with websites.
Greenshot is a simple piece of software that allows you to take screenshots in a Windows environment. You may rapidly snap full-page screenshots of a website using this utility. You may even take a photo of a specific location if you like.
This well-designed program allows you to capture screenshots of websites in a variety of sizes and resolutions from an iOS, Android, Windows, or another device with ease. The dashboard is simple to use, and capturing screenshots using the API or URLs seems to be a breeze.
Browshot works with over 30 different browsers and allows you to submit photos straight to S3. Browshot may also produce mass screenshots in real-time, complete with thumbnails. This tool will not disappoint in terms of functionality, with pay-as-you-go pricing and useful libraries. Key features of Browshot are:
- The API captures real-time screenshots at a variety of resolutions and on a variety of devices, including smartphones.
- It has a reasonable price structure that requires you to only pay for your features.
- You can snap many screenshots simultaneously, and all in a couple of milliseconds.
One of the greatest screen recording and video editing programs is DemoCreator. DemoCreator enables users to capture presentations, lessons, video demonstrations, webinars, Skype calls, games, and more by recording screen, audio, and camera.
DemoCreator also comprises a comprehensive collection of video editing tools. They allow users to do simple edits, apply complex effects, export, and share their films easily. Important features of DemoCreator are:
- With DemoCreator’s picture-in-picture mode, you can configure the recording area on your screen and record system sound, microphone, and camera.
- When recording includes real-time screen drawing tools such as text, pen, rectangle, circle, arrow, and mouse highlight.
- Users may modify the system sound, microphone audio, and video in multiple tracks using the built-in video editing capabilities. While editing, crop, clip, divide and add voiceover.
- It includes complex video effects such as annotations, a text animation template, cursor effects, zoom, and pan effects, dynamic stickers, green-screen effects, transition effects, etc. Assist you in making your content more effective and appealing.
- DemoCreator allows users to modify their movies, audios, or photographs, export in many formats, and publish straight to YouTube.
LambdaTest includes built-in screenshot capture capabilities. Though it is a cross-browser testing tool that enables you to test your web pages across more than 3000 real browsers and operating systems online, it also allows you to perform automated browser screenshot testing by capturing auto-generated full-page screenshots of your web pages across multiple devices, operating systems, browsers, and resolutions in a single click.
Consider moving to current tools like LambdaTest, which allow you to record immediate screenshots across many browsers with a single click, rather than utilizing traditional tools that only allow you to screenshot a website in one browser at a time.
Play around with your screenshots by annotating, highlighting, or obscuring different aspects and areas of the image. You may save it to your device, print it, copy it to the clipboard, or send it as an email attachment to someone.
Author Bio: Vixit Raj is Product Growth and Marketing Specialist in LambdaTest : The Cross Browser Web App Testing Platform. An E&C engineering background & Digital Marketing domain experience of 5+ years has aroused his interest towards learning about latest technology advancements, product marketing, coding and testing.