The Definitive Guide To Develop Effective B2B Buyer Persona
Businesses that sell to people without knowing who they are selling to are at a greater risk of loss because they can never find out what went wrong in their strategy.
It has been rightly said that “you must market your business to somebody rather than anybody!”.
Buyer persona is an understanding of your ideal customer so that you can better market to and sell to them.
In the words of Seth Godin, “ An ideal customer is the one who wants your products, who has the ability to pay for the product and who has the authority to purchase your product.”
Every successful business is a master of lead generation and lead nurturing. The basic starting point of every lead generation campaign is the creation of effective buyer persona.
This guide will share all the basic and advanced methods to create impressive B2B buyer persona to boost your marketing strategy.
Why You Need Buyer Persona?
Here are some important reasons why buyer personas are extremely crucial to your business strategy.
- Buyer personas help you to capture actionable insights about your prospects just by interviewing 20-50 people.
- Having an ideal buyer persona means you are able to win both the hearts and minds of your customers.
- You are able to uncover the challenges faced by your prospects so that you can provide better solutions to them.
- You are able to produce effective viral loop content if you have a good understanding of buyer persona.
- A perfect buyer persona is able to attract the right people to your site so that you don’t waste your marketing budget.
- It helps your internal staff to understand your customers in a proper manner.
- Every customer thinks differently and acts differently. When you understand the needs of every individual customer, you are able to serve them well meaning the quality of the leads will be much better.
- Buyer persona enables you to create the right content for the right audience and at the right time.
- You are able to build goodwill with your customers. Moreover, it helps you to globalize your marketing efforts.
How to Create An Effective B2B Buyer Persona
Buyer personas can have a huge impact on your overall business strategy. Preparing buyer personas needs proper planning, research, time and effort.
Selling to B2B prospects is more difficult as compared to B2C customers because B2B prospects are more informed and think twice before they commit towards a product or service. Therefore, it is necessary to survey your ideal prospects and gather data about their needs and problems.
Once, you have the data at your fingertips, you can easily synchronize your products accordingly so that the B2B buyer needs and your product are in the same platform.
A basic B2B persona will look like the one provided below.
Here is an example of a much detailed buyer persona having important attributes:
In order to create buyer persona like the ones above or even better than these, you need to conduct a survey and ask some questions to your ideal customers. Here are some of the sample questions to include in your survey:
- Please mention your job title?
- What are your job goals?
- What is your age?
- What is your gender?
- What is your marital status?
- How many years of work experience do you have?
- How will you define yourself in one sentence?
- What are the problems that you are facing in your current job role?
- Which medium do you use to find a solution to the problem? Ex- search engines, social media or any other medium?
- List the top 3 words you use to find solutions to your problems in the search engines?
- What is the most difficult part of your job?
- Who do you report to?
- Are you a risk taker?
- Do you take your own decision?
- What is the maximum annual marketing budget of your company?
- What is your annual income?
- What type of content do you consume?
- What is the size of your company?
- Where is your company located?
- What do you need to make your day-to-day life easier?
- Do you choose products based on their USP or urgency?
Once you have the answers to the above questions, you will able to create detailed buyer persona that will enable you to take informed marketing decisions.
How to Use Your Buyer Persona?
Once you have prepared detailed buyer personas, it’s time to put them into use. Here are some of the right ways to effectively use your buyer personas:
- Optimize your existing content and rewrite it in the language that your prospects are currently using.
- Segment your email marketing campaign on the basis of the persona. For example, you can start sending informative articles to people who are at the start of the purchase funnel and send direct offers to people who are looking for instant solutions to their problems.
- Personalize your emails for each of your prospect and present the exact solution to their unique problems. Emails having the recipient’s name and their location receive better open rates.
- Pick your channel based on the data you already have. You can take the help of multi channel ecommerce solution and start selling everywhere your customers buy.
- Use buyer personas to partner with other companies and people.
- Reallocate your ad spend based on the insights derived from the buyer persona. For example, if your prospects spend more time on Facebook then you can consider running retargeting ads there.
- Consider writing an ebook with a specific persona in mind and offer them for free download.
- Write blog posts providing solutions/answers to the problem faced by the personas.
- Optimize the landing pages on your site based on your target persona. For example, you can present dynamic content before your prospects based on their likings as this will help them to make a better and faster decision.
The buyer-seller relationship is extremely important and buyer personas helps to strengthen this relationship. Follow the guidance provided in this article to create effective buyer personas in order to improve your sales and increase your ROI.
6 Unexpected Security Concerns, and How to Prepare
As powerful as the Internet is right now, it’s impossible to even imagine where it will go over the next years and beyond. But, as fast as security protection continues to improve, hackers seem to improve even more quickly. Everything from new devices to apps…
Your Business Needs These 13 Digital Security Solutions – Here’s How To Get The Most Out Of Each
How would you characterize your organization’s digital security posture? If you’re not sure how to answer this question, or perhaps would prefer not to answer it at all, you’re not alone. Countless decision-makers, from uber-competent CTOs and CISOs to CEOs and COOs who couldn’t code…
Louisiana And Oklahoma Introduce Digital Identification To Prevent Fake ID Use
Digital ID in Louisiana Utilizing digital IDs has been a commonly broached topic for a while now. Although most states are only either deliberating their helpfulness or in the utmost initial stages, Louisiana has moved forward. The primary introduction of this technology was done back…
ScanGuard Review – Here is What You Should Know
Doesn’t it sound good and satisfying to have a goop-performing antivirus that is reliable enough? Yes, it is. For that reason, you need to be extra careful when you are in search of a good antivirus. Put all the necessary factors into consideration so that…
The Emerging Need for Social Media Security
By the time you’ve finished reading this sentence, nearly 700 passwords have been stolen from social media accounts across the world. Social media security breaches have the potential to cause up to $6 trillion in cybercrime damages by 2021, up from $3 billion in costs…
- 3D Printing
- App Dev
- Artificial Intelligence
- Arts and Entertainment
- Big Data
- Blockchain Tech
- Business Technology
- Car Technology
- Cloud Computing
- Cloud Storage
- Computer and Technology
- Conference Calling
- Coupons and Deals
- Cyber Security
- Dark Left 1
- Data Center
- Data Recovery
- Digital Arena
- Digital Marketing
- Edu Tech
- Email Marketing
- Google Glass
- Guides and Tutorials
- Health and Fitness
- Home Improvement
- Home Security
- Internet and Businesses Online
- Internet Marketing
- IT Careers
- Mobile Apps
- Mobile Security
- New Tech
- Online Shopping
- Project Management
- Reference and Education
- Reputation Management
- Sales & Marketing
- Shopping and Product reviews
- Small Business
- Social Media
- Tech Trends
- Technical Support
- Technology in Education
- Tips & Tricks
- Tips And Tricks
- Video Conferencing
- Virtual Reality
- Wearable Technology
- Web Design
- Web Development
- Web Hosting
What Is Salesforce Data Integration?
Salesforce data integration means integrating the data you gather in Salesforce about leads and clients and sharing that with another system. At the same time, the data gathered in the other system is shared with and accessible in Salesforce. Salesforce has some useful built-in integrations….
Why It Pays To Be A “Good Guy” In Commercial Leases
In the world of commercial real estate, good guys don’t finish last. Good guys protect their personal finances and credit. The good guy clause is very popular in areas like New York where the eviction process can be rather lengthy and it can take a…
3 Ways to Prepare For Cyber Security Risks That Employees Must Know
In a world where everything is much easier to do via mobile, app, or device, technology is not going to slow down. We’re all guilty of potentially owning more than one device, whether that is our personal phones, work phones, tablets or fitness trackers. All…
Non-Negotiable Elements For Your Business IT Security Plan
In 2019, having a business IT security plan is more important than ever. An IT security plan is the first line of defense you have for protecting your business – and your clients – against cybercriminals. Cybercriminals include hackers, who frequently obtain personal information with…
Businesses Need To Be Proactive When It Comes To Cyber Security
For business of any size, making sure they are not only compliant with security regulations but continually improving and adjusting the measures they have in place is vital. Quite often the factor which determines how a business approaches cyber security is the mindset of the…
How To Become A Cyber Security Analyst
What is Cyber Security? Cyber security is the practice of protecting a system or network from digital attacks. These attacks are generally aimed to retrieve or destroy sensitive information and it is a serious threat to all the organizations. Who is A Cyber Security Analyst…