Stuck With PDF File Not Opening On Mac? Read This NOW!
Undoubtedly, the most popular document format across devices is the Portable Document Format (PDF). Preferred by people from all walks of life (be it students or working professionals) due to its ease of use and value-added features, it becomes mandatory to have a PDF reader on your device.
This, however, does not mean that there are no issues with PDF documents. Ignoring the more technical issues, if you use Mac you are sure to have come across the error message ‘Cannot Open PDF’. In this post, we will tell you how one simple tool can solve this issue for you.
What is iMyFone UltraRepair?
Not all PDF documents that you need to work with come internally from your organization. In those PDF files that are external, many times issues crop up in opening the PDF in a Mac. One reason for this is that the file may be corrupted. With iMyFone UltraRepair-File Repair can be done in a matter of minutes. A simple 3 step process and all your corrupted photos, videos and files can be ready to use.
How to Fix the ‘Cannot Open PDF’ error on Mac?
While we shall cover the list of features of UltraRepair in delta later, let us take a look at how you can fix the ‘Cannot Open PDF’ error on Mac using iMyFone UltraRepair. Let’s get started.
Step 1 – Add the files that you want to repair or fix.
Step 2 – Once your selected files are displayed on the screen as shown below, click on Repair.
Step 3 – As soon as the process of repair is complete, all you need to do is download the files on your Mac and check if they are ready to open. Voila! You are done.
Salient Features of iMyFone UltraRepair
Let us now delve into some of the reasons why the iMyFone UltraRepair is so useful.
- Repairs Any Corrupted pictures, videos and documents – Let’s be clear, lots of images, videos, and documents are received and downloaded by us on a daily basis. However, situations do arise when you are unable to view or edit one of them due to some error.
In a normal case, if you were the author of the document, you might have a backup somewhere. But if it came from the outside and you cannot ask that person to resend it to you, the only option you have is to repair the file. iMyFone UltraRepair goes beyond just helping you when you can’t open pdf on mac. It easily repairs any corrupted pictures, videos and documents.
- Simple 3 Step Process To Fix Broken Files – Apart from repairing corrupted files across multiple formats, the best part of iMyFone UltraRepair is that it also does so in a simple 3 step process as described above. Literally, anyone who has a basic understanding of using a Mac can use this tool to fix broken files.
- Support For Latest OS – This software supports the latest version of Windows 11 and macOS12.4.
What causes the ‘Cannot Open PDF’ error?
Before we end this post, here are some other reasons why you may face this error and how you can fix it.
- PDF reader software is not up to date. In this case, updating the software might help.
- File format not supported by your reader, wherein downloading a different PDF reader software may solve your problem.
- PDF reader app might have ‘Protected Mode at Startup’ Enabled. Going to System Preference in the PDF reader and unchecking the enabled setting related to protected mode at startup should solve your issue.
While there are multiple file repairer softwares available online, iMyFone UltraRepair is one which delivers well on its promise of simple and effective file repair. This is because the user interface is kept in mind keeping quick resolution of issues faced by PDF users. Further, it adds immense value by also helping fix other files like corrupted images and videos. A must have for a modern PC/Mac user.