Simplify Your Social Media Activities in 4 Easy Steps
Do you use multiple social platforms to engage with your audience? Are you looking for a way to work more efficiently? You can save a lot of time and effort by focusing on those engagement signals in your social channels that are of greatest benefit for your business.
This article will show you 4 easy steps you can use to generate a social media to-do list.
Determine the importance of your social media accounts by ranking them.
Create a worksheet listing the most important details of each account.
- List your social media accounts on a piece of paper or use a program such as Excel.
- Write down the existing number of followers you have on each platform.
- Determine how many customers, contacts and visits you get from each platform on a monthly basis. Use the data from the last month or the average estimate from the previous three months.
After you have done so, determine which platform generates most revenue for your enterprise as the resulting information will make it easier to prioritize one account over another. You should be able to determine the relation between how many customers are generated by a platform and the size of your reach.
Give priority to particular engagement signals
After you have done your job to identify which platforms for social engagement are of greatest importance to your business, you need to give priority to each signal from all platforms.
For the reason that social media is spread throughout many platforms with different analytics, particular engagement signals are of greater importance than other. What is more, sharing information on one of the networks carry more weight than doing the same on another. The reason behind this is often the difference in the scope of options offered by the platforms.
The options for engagement on Facebook and how these should be prioritized:
– Sharing: This engagement type is thought to be the heavyweight. It should receive more priority than other types of engagement for the reason that when someone decides to share a post you have made, they transfer your information to their own inner network.
– Commenting: This type of activity is also very important on Facebook and in case someone asks a question or needs help, you will need to respond in kind. But because it has no demand-generation potential, commenting is not as important as a heavyweight activity as sharing.
– Likes: While it is recommended to receive as many likes as possible, these are often given too easily. A like is more of an indication of the relevance and health of your Facebook posts and your account with the network rather than an engagement signal.
The options for engagement on Tweeter and how these should be prioritized:
– Replies: A reply on Twitter is the dream of a social media marketer. It is a direct mention. It represents a one-to-one engagement and a part of the reason why some businesses are willing to have presence on Twitter if they are looking to use the best practices for social media marketing.
– Retweets: These are just like the shares on Facebook, although their lifecycle is shorter. The interaction on Twitter, in the same way as it is with a Facebook share, passes along all your info to the network of the other user.
– Pocket: It is a link-saving system that many have installed in their browsers in the form of the Pocket plugin and can be seen in their icon bar. Based on which plugins users install in their browsers, the “Other users” icon bars could be different.
– Favorites: Just the same as it is with Facebook likes, favorites indicate your Twitter audience’s health.
– More: It is a button that when clicked brings up a menu with additional choices.
The options for engagement on LinkedIn and how these should be prioritized:
– Likes: The like option is universal for many networks and LinkedIn is no different in this regard. A like here also indicates the health of your audience.
– Comments: The potential for one-to-one engagement is also important here and presents one’s business with the opportunity to show itself as an industry leader. One should keep in mind though that a comment is less powerful than a share.
– Shares: A business should strive to address its shares on LinkedIn first and prior to taking any other action there.
Compile a to-do list
Once you have decided on the type of interactions for your signals, compile a to-do list.
If you are also using other social networks like Google+ and Pinterest, try to give priority to signals from those platforms too. In order to do this, you should answer the following 3 questions:
– Which signal should I use to share information with new contacts in the best possible way? – As this signal offers your message the greatest reach, it is always the strongest.
– Which signal is best used for one-to-one communication? – Due to the direct engagement, this type of signal is very strong.
– Is there a signal that needs no follow-up? – It is important to note this type of signals as well, but they have lower priority and should be addressed only after the other signals are.
Decide to follow the schedule strictly
You must have already given priorities to individual platforms you are using in your efforts for social media marketing and hopefully compiled a to-do list.
All you need to do afterwards is to make up your mind on how much time you would require to spend each day on social media channels and what time you should allocate for each of your platforms.
You may have an entire day to spend on this type of activity or no more than an hour. It depends on the role you play in an organization. However, it is a good rule of thumb to spend most of your time on your top network and allocate less time on the networks you ranked second in importance.
You should pay attention to your social platforms and the numbers associated with them. This will allow you to make smart decisions that will work to your advantage.
Although it is time-consuming to manage a lot of accounts, social media is a great way to increase your brand awareness. Try to focus on activities and channels that have the greatest impact on your brand to ensure you get the most out of your social engagement efforts.
To get quick results, you can try social Media Advertising.
Best of Softwares
- 3D Printing
- App Dev
- Artificial Intelligence
- Arts and Entertainment
- Big Data
- Blockchain Tech
- Business Technology
- Car Technology
- Cloud Computing
- Cloud Storage
- Computer and Technology
- Conference Calling
- Coupons and Deals
- Cyber Security
- Dark Left 1
- Data Center
- Data Recovery
- Digital Arena
- Digital Marketing
- Edu Tech
- Email Marketing
- Google Glass
- Guides and Tutorials
- Health and Fitness
- Home Appliance
- Home Improvement
- Home Security
- Internet and Businesses Online
- Internet Marketing
- IT Careers
- Mobile Apps
- Mobile Security
- New Tech
- Online Shopping
- Project Management
- Reference and Education
- Reputation Management
- Sales & Marketing
- Self Improvement
- Shopping and Product reviews
- Small Business
- Social Media
- Tech Trends
- Technical Support
- Technology in Education
- Tips & Tricks
- Tips And Tricks
- Video Conferencing
- Virtual Reality
- Wearable Technology
- Web Design
- Web Development
- Web Hosting
- Website Builder