Serving Your Customers: Important Features To Look For In A Help Desk System
If you are as yet unfamiliar with a help desk ticketing system, here’s how it works. Each time a customer requests help or has an issue with your products or services, a ticket is issued. It details the concern and how it was resolved, by whom and when. It also includes information on what else, if anything, needs to be done.
If your help desk is running optimally your ticketing system should permit registration of each individual event, allocation of a ticket, tracking of all changes to that ticket, submission of ticket status updates, and ticket closures. A system like SysAid’s helpdesk software can help with all of these.
Important Features to Look For in a Help Desk System
Some features are absolutely essential for a help desk system to run adequately. Here’s a rundown of the most valuable features.
- Ticket automation: It really doesn’t matter which industry you are in, ticket automation is essential. It will keep you up-to-date on the status of each ticket, from letting you know if more assistance is needed to when the ticket has been closed.
- Priority status information: When a customer service representative initially looks at a new ticket, he or she must be able to judge its level of urgency and to prioritize it among all the other tickets. The status information must be within the ticketing system to facilitate prioritization.
- Ticket tags: A tagging system allows for quick and easy organization of issues. It enables you to pick out common problems. You can also use tagging to automatically recommend advice or a knowledge base article depending on the subject and the assigned tag.
- Adjustable ticket templates: You need a system in which you can customize templates so you can load several different ones on command. This will facilitate an easy response and cut down on handling time. You can also combine templates as and when needed.
- Discrete ticket queues: Don’t fall into the trap of working out of the same ticket queue. Individual queues allow your customer service staff to organize their tickets more efficiently. It also enables them to check their colleagues’ tickets to see if they need assistance.
- Adjustable status options: You need to be able to customize ticket status options to suit your business needs. You should also have automatic emails sent to your customers each time the status of their ticket is adjusted.
- Related tickets: By linking tickets that are connected by issue or subject, you can prevent your customer service staff from being swamped by multiple tickets with a common problem. This will enable staff to answer them all at the same time.
- Private actions on tickets: Your customers do not necessarily need to see every action on their ticket. You can keep ticket conversations private until they are ready for customer action.
- Ticket pages per customer: Knowing how to run your business effectively means knowing your customers. The more information your customer service staff has about each of your customers, the better they will be able to help them resolve problems. By keeping customized ticket pages for each client you can see at a glance how many tickets they have open, which have been resolved and how satisfied they were.
- Ticket referral: Should a member of your customer service team recognize that a particular ticket can be answered by a knowledge base article, he or she should be able to refer the ticket to it with one click instead of having to go and look for the link.
- Customizable ticket submission: When you’re choosing a help desk ticketing system, pick one which features customizable tickets for your customers so there are sufficient fields to capture all the information you need. This will save time and reduce the need for follow-up questions and resubmissions.
- Linking to product and inventory: Whether you deal with virtual or physical products, you still need to have your products associated with your inventory. This way your staff won’t have to search through external documents to get the details they need. They can simply track this information on each customer’s ticket page.
Remember, ticket tracking is a much more efficient system than email alone for several reasons. Not only does it keep all your information centralized, it also provides built-in metric reporting so you can keep track of the quality of your customer service and make improvements if needed. If you haven’t got a helpdesk system in place, now’s the time to do it, to service your customers more competently.
Your Business Needs These 13 Digital Security Solutions – Here’s How To Get The Most Out Of Each
How would you characterize your organization’s digital security posture? If you’re not sure how to answer this question, or perhaps would prefer not to answer it at all, you’re not alone. Countless decision-makers, from uber-competent CTOs and CISOs to CEOs and COOs who couldn’t code…
Louisiana And Oklahoma Introduce Digital Identification To Prevent Fake ID Use
Digital ID in Louisiana Utilizing digital IDs has been a commonly broached topic for a while now. Although most states are only either deliberating their helpfulness or in the utmost initial stages, Louisiana has moved forward. The primary introduction of this technology was done back…
ScanGuard Review – Here is What You Should Know
Doesn’t it sound good and satisfying to have a goop-performing antivirus that is reliable enough? Yes, it is. For that reason, you need to be extra careful when you are in search of a good antivirus. Put all the necessary factors into consideration so that…
The Emerging Need for Social Media Security
By the time you’ve finished reading this sentence, nearly 700 passwords have been stolen from social media accounts across the world. Social media security breaches have the potential to cause up to $6 trillion in cybercrime damages by 2021, up from $3 billion in costs…
Which New Lorex Security Camera Is Right for Your Home?
Keeping your family and your possessions safe requires a proactive approach, and one way to protect what you care about is with a security camera system. Lorex Technology is well known for their security camera solutions, and their two newest products will change the way…
- 3D Printing
- App Dev
- Artificial Intelligence
- Arts and Entertainment
- Big Data
- Blockchain Tech
- Business Technology
- Car Technology
- Cloud Computing
- Cloud Storage
- Computer and Technology
- Conference Calling
- Coupons and Deals
- Cyber Security
- Dark Left 1
- Data Center
- Data Recovery
- Digital Arena
- Digital Marketing
- Edu Tech
- Email Marketing
- Google Glass
- Guides and Tutorials
- Health and Fitness
- Home Improvement
- Home Security
- Internet and Businesses Online
- Internet Marketing
- IT Careers
- Mobile Apps
- Mobile Security
- New Tech
- Online Shopping
- Project Management
- Reference and Education
- Reputation Management
- Sales & Marketing
- Shopping and Product reviews
- Small Business
- Social Media
- Tech Trends
- Technical Support
- Technology in Education
- Tips & Tricks
- Tips And Tricks
- Video Conferencing
- Virtual Reality
- Wearable Technology
- Web Design
- Web Development
- Web Hosting
Mathieu Chantelois, VP At The Canada Media Fund, Discusses Leadership Communications, Proudest Accomplishments
Mathieu Chantelois is something of a Renaissance man. At various points in his career, he’s worked as a magazine editor, a professor, a television presenter, a highly regarded journalist, and as a communications and marketing executive. Chantelois’ engagement in various social causes led him to…
Why You Should Start Playing CS: GO Right Now
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive – a game that’s been around for so many years that almost anyone and their grandma have heard about it. Despite going on for quite a while, the popularity has barely diminished. On the contrary, it had a boost thanks to the…
How To Become A Cyber Security Analyst
What is Cyber Security? Cyber security is the practice of protecting a system or network from digital attacks. These attacks are generally aimed to retrieve or destroy sensitive information and it is a serious threat to all the organizations. Who is A Cyber Security Analyst…
Internet Security Tips For The Modern Age
The internet is no longer new. It’s been in most peoples homes for twenty years or more now, and we’ve all come to accept it as part and parcel of modern life. When it first began, it was something that we only had on our…
How to Immediately Improve Your Online Security
While the internet might seem paradisiacal, danger lurks in the obscurity of it. Apart from outsourcing your IT needs to specialists like IT support companies in London, there are immediate measures you can take to ensure your online world is as secure as the home…
Everything You Need To Know About Cybersecurity In 2019
With long workdays and jam-packed weekends, it’s a godsend that we can do most of our shopping, social interaction, and many other day-to-day tasks from the convenience of our computers and mobile devices. The internet has been making our lives so much easier for the…