It’s important to always stay on top of search engine optimization or SEO because techniques and trends change on a dime
An update today can be obsolete tomorrow and can even seriously hurt your website ranking. Of course, it’s your goal to ensure that your site reaches the top of search engine results because higher rankings mean more organic traffic. A good SEO strategy can boost your overall ROI. However, achieving your dream doesn’t happen overnight.
In this post, you’ll learn practical strategies to get the traction you need for your site’s SEO. It will help you improve user experience by knowing the latest trends and innovative solutions to SEO mistakes and pitfalls.
1. Build a Variety of Good Backlinks
Ranking in Google without links is hard. However, you don’t just use any link. It should be a good one, which is described as high-quality and earned links (e.g., through influencer marketing) and non-spammy (e.g., paid links, blog comments).
However, don’t overuse high-quality links (e.g., Forbes, Wikihow, or Entrepreneur) because your account might be flagged for looking too squeaky clean.
Here are some tips when it comes to building good backlinks:
- Diversifying backlink profile. For every high-quality link, create another 3 to 5 medium quality links.
- A variety of links obtained from author bio sections, news sites, product pages, blogs, forums, and directories are highly recommended.
- Hire a trusted and reputable SEO company, like Web Marketing 123, to learn Search Engine Optimization Courses for Digital Marketing and make your website look more natural to avoid being penalized by Google.
2. Improve Your Site Speed
You probably know the feeling of waiting for too long for a web page to load. Literally, “too long” means waiting for at least 5 seconds. That’s how short the patience of online users have today.
In 2010, Google started using site speed as a crucial ranking factor. Until today, Google consistently emphasizes the vital contribution of site speed to consumers and to site rankings. A slow site deserves a poor ranking because it has a significant impact on user experience.
Here are some tips to improve your site speed:
- Use SEO tools to boost speed on mobile sites (e.g., Accelerated Mobile Pages Project) and help improve site performance (e.g., PageSpeed Insights).
- Check your site’s responsiveness and speed using helpful tools (e.g., Think with Google).
- Secure higher rankings by boosting page speed through enabling server response timings, minifying the unnecessary code on your web page, compressing images, and enabling browser caching.
3. Improve User Experience
Aside from improving your site speed, it’s also essential to boost your existing content in search engines to improve the user experience.
Here are some helpful tips:
- Make your posts clear, clean, and simple. It should be easy to read and understand, and free from too much jargon.
- For instance, if you have a dental clinic, talk about dental health in layman’s terms instead of posting content with plenty of medical terms.
- Use shorter paragraphs with 3 to 4 sentences per paragraph.
- Mixed sentence lengths. Use longer sentences sparingly. Preferably, use short and medium sentences.
- Use sub-headers. Make sure to use informative and clear sub-headers with bold call-out points.
- Use bullet points to make facts, ideas, and stats easier to read.
- Write quality web content. Your topic should be interesting, unique, and informative (e.g. White Label SEO web content).
- Use UX testing tools to analyze how people interact with your website (e.g., Optimize by Google Analytics, Crazy Egg, Optimizely).
4. Optimize Site for Voice Search
Consumers are so engaged in shopping online, and a huge percentage of purchases worth $1 to $199 is done through voice searches. People use different devices for voice searches such as Google Home, Siri, or Alexa.
Here are some facts about voice search:
Voice searches are question-based, so you need to ensure that your website is optimized to answer questions.
- Write content in different long-tail keywords or more than three words in length to optimize your site to voice search.
- Use structured data. Google takes information or data from featured snippet box, and it replays back to voice searches.
- Boost the chances of your website data being read aloud by using structured data to your target audience through useful tools (e.g., Google’s Structured Data Testing Tool – check Schema implementation).
5. YouTube SEO
According to Forbes, the second most popular search engine is YouTube with over 3 billion searches a month. Create engaging videos, and optimize each video on your site for YouTube SEO.
Here are some tips to get into action:
- Create SEO-friendly videos
- Use keywords on the title and subheaders after a colon
- Video title should have 5+ words.
Now, you’ll get the traction you need for your SEO. Increase your site’s ranking, traffic, and sales by implementing effective SEO strategies to your website. Always be abreast with SEO and digital marketing trends, and innovative solutions to ensure a successful website.