Search Engine Optimization Course For Digital Marketing: 5 Strategies To Get The Traction You Need
It’s important to always stay on top of search engine optimization or SEO because techniques and trends change on a dime
An update today can be obsolete tomorrow and can even seriously hurt your website ranking. Of course, it’s your goal to ensure that your site reaches the top of search engine results because higher rankings mean more organic traffic. A good SEO strategy can boost your overall ROI. However, achieving your dream doesn’t happen overnight.
In this post, you’ll learn practical strategies to get the traction you need for your site’s SEO. It will help you improve user experience by knowing the latest trends and innovative solutions to SEO mistakes and pitfalls.
1. Build a Variety of Good Backlinks
Ranking in Google without links is hard. However, you don’t just use any link. It should be a good one, which is described as high-quality and earned links (e.g., through influencer marketing) and non-spammy (e.g., paid links, blog comments).
However, don’t overuse high-quality links (e.g., Forbes, Wikihow, or Entrepreneur) because your account might be flagged for looking too squeaky clean.
Here are some tips when it comes to building good backlinks:
- Diversifying backlink profile. For every high-quality link, create another 3 to 5 medium quality links.
- A variety of links obtained from author bio sections, news sites, product pages, blogs, forums, and directories are highly recommended.
- Hire a trusted and reputable SEO company, like Web Marketing 123, to learn Search Engine Optimization Courses for Digital Marketing and make your website look more natural to avoid being penalized by Google.
2. Improve Your Site Speed
You probably know the feeling of waiting for too long for a web page to load. Literally, “too long” means waiting for at least 5 seconds. That’s how short the patience of online users have today.
In 2010, Google started using site speed as a crucial ranking factor. Until today, Google consistently emphasizes the vital contribution of site speed to consumers and to site rankings. A slow site deserves a poor ranking because it has a significant impact on user experience.
Here are some tips to improve your site speed:
- Use SEO tools to boost speed on mobile sites (e.g., Accelerated Mobile Pages Project) and help improve site performance (e.g., PageSpeed Insights).
- Check your site’s responsiveness and speed using helpful tools (e.g., Think with Google).
- Secure higher rankings by boosting page speed through enabling server response timings, minifying the unnecessary code on your web page, compressing images, and enabling browser caching.
3. Improve User Experience
Aside from improving your site speed, it’s also essential to boost your existing content in search engines to improve the user experience.
Here are some helpful tips:
- Make your posts clear, clean, and simple. It should be easy to read and understand, and free from too much jargon.
- For instance, if you have a dental clinic, talk about dental health in layman’s terms instead of posting content with plenty of medical terms.
- Use shorter paragraphs with 3 to 4 sentences per paragraph.
- Mixed sentence lengths. Use longer sentences sparingly. Preferably, use short and medium sentences.
- Use sub-headers. Make sure to use informative and clear sub-headers with bold call-out points.
- Use bullet points to make facts, ideas, and stats easier to read.
- Write quality web content. Your topic should be interesting, unique, and informative (e.g. White Label SEO web content).
- Use UX testing tools to analyze how people interact with your website (e.g., Optimize by Google Analytics, Crazy Egg, Optimizely).
4. Optimize Site for Voice Search
Consumers are so engaged in shopping online, and a huge percentage of purchases worth $1 to $199 is done through voice searches. People use different devices for voice searches such as Google Home, Siri, or Alexa.
Here are some facts about voice search:
Voice searches are question-based, so you need to ensure that your website is optimized to answer questions.
- Write content in different long-tail keywords or more than three words in length to optimize your site to voice search.
- Use structured data. Google takes information or data from featured snippet box, and it replays back to voice searches.
- Boost the chances of your website data being read aloud by using structured data to your target audience through useful tools (e.g., Google’s Structured Data Testing Tool – check Schema implementation).
5. YouTube SEO
According to Forbes, the second most popular search engine is YouTube with over 3 billion searches a month. Create engaging videos, and optimize each video on your site for YouTube SEO.
Here are some tips to get into action:
- Create SEO-friendly videos
- Use keywords on the title and subheaders after a colon
- Video title should have 5+ words.
Now, you’ll get the traction you need for your SEO. Increase your site’s ranking, traffic, and sales by implementing effective SEO strategies to your website. Always be abreast with SEO and digital marketing trends, and innovative solutions to ensure a successful website.
Reason To Choose Comodo SSL Certificate To Secure Your Website
It should be clear by now that for your website to survive in this modern era, hacker ridden internet era, it is important for all the information that go on it or through it to be encrypted. To have a website without SSL protection is…
6 Unexpected Security Concerns, and How to Prepare
As powerful as the Internet is right now, it’s impossible to even imagine where it will go over the next years and beyond. But, as fast as security protection continues to improve, hackers seem to improve even more quickly. Everything from new devices to apps…
Your Business Needs These 13 Digital Security Solutions – Here’s How To Get The Most Out Of Each
How would you characterize your organization’s digital security posture? If you’re not sure how to answer this question, or perhaps would prefer not to answer it at all, you’re not alone. Countless decision-makers, from uber-competent CTOs and CISOs to CEOs and COOs who couldn’t code…
Louisiana And Oklahoma Introduce Digital Identification To Prevent Fake ID Use
Digital ID in Louisiana Utilizing digital IDs has been a commonly broached topic for a while now. Although most states are only either deliberating their helpfulness or in the utmost initial stages, Louisiana has moved forward. The primary introduction of this technology was done back…
ScanGuard Review – Here is What You Should Know
Doesn’t it sound good and satisfying to have a goop-performing antivirus that is reliable enough? Yes, it is. For that reason, you need to be extra careful when you are in search of a good antivirus. Put all the necessary factors into consideration so that…
- 3D Printing
- App Dev
- Artificial Intelligence
- Arts and Entertainment
- Big Data
- Blockchain Tech
- Business Technology
- Car Technology
- Cloud Computing
- Cloud Storage
- Computer and Technology
- Conference Calling
- Coupons and Deals
- Cyber Security
- Dark Left 1
- Data Center
- Data Recovery
- Digital Arena
- Digital Marketing
- Edu Tech
- Email Marketing
- Google Glass
- Guides and Tutorials
- Health and Fitness
- Home Improvement
- Home Security
- Internet and Businesses Online
- Internet Marketing
- IT Careers
- Mobile Apps
- Mobile Security
- New Tech
- Online Shopping
- Project Management
- Reference and Education
- Reputation Management
- Sales & Marketing
- Shopping and Product reviews
- Small Business
- Social Media
- Tech Trends
- Technical Support
- Technology in Education
- Tips & Tricks
- Tips And Tricks
- Video Conferencing
- Virtual Reality
- Wearable Technology
- Web Design
- Web Development
- Web Hosting
VideoSolo DVD Copy — A DVD Copy Tool That Every DVD Collector Should Have
There was a time when DVDs were your most trusted friend when it comes to movie and TV series collections — but that was before the digital revolution. Nevertheless, there are a few who prefer the goodness of one great DVD collection. One of the…
Four Reasons Not To Give Up Studies
Today’s world is imposing too many requirements on people. You need to be successful, purchase the most cutting-edge gadgets, stay fit, eat healthily, have an active social life, etc. All these so-called demands are essential elements of present-day life. Hence, every person, especially those who…
3 Ways to Prepare For Cyber Security Risks That Employees Must Know
In a world where everything is much easier to do via mobile, app, or device, technology is not going to slow down. We’re all guilty of potentially owning more than one device, whether that is our personal phones, work phones, tablets or fitness trackers. All…
Non-Negotiable Elements For Your Business IT Security Plan
In 2019, having a business IT security plan is more important than ever. An IT security plan is the first line of defense you have for protecting your business – and your clients – against cybercriminals. Cybercriminals include hackers, who frequently obtain personal information with…
Businesses Need To Be Proactive When It Comes To Cyber Security
For business of any size, making sure they are not only compliant with security regulations but continually improving and adjusting the measures they have in place is vital. Quite often the factor which determines how a business approaches cyber security is the mindset of the…
How To Become A Cyber Security Analyst
What is Cyber Security? Cyber security is the practice of protecting a system or network from digital attacks. These attacks are generally aimed to retrieve or destroy sensitive information and it is a serious threat to all the organizations. Who is A Cyber Security Analyst…