When you encounter music or other forms of audio on websites, it is a safe bet that it consists of streaming audio. Some of it may be embedded audio streams from other services such as SoundCloud or Spotify, while yet others may be directly streamed as background music.
In any case the one problem you may run into is if you want to save the audio that is on a website, but can’t find a link to do so. That is generally going to be the case when you’re dealing with audio streams, which is why you will have to use a workaround such as by taking advantage of Movavi Screen Capture.
Despite being a screen recorder, Movavi Screen Capture is capable of recording any system audio (i.e. audio from your speakers). As such in this case you will want to set it up to record the audio stream while it is playing via your speakers, so that you can then save it and listen to it later on.
At first all that may sound a bit tricky, but rest assured the user-friendly nature of Movavi Screen Capture means that it can be accomplished in just a few steps:
- Launch the software and select ‘Record video’ in the menu.
- Click anywhere on the screen so that the capture interface appears (the capture area that you define doesn’t matter since you won’t be saving the video).
- Check that the ‘System Audio’ icon is highlighted in green so that the audio from your speakers will be recorded (click on it once otherwise).
- Click ‘REC’ and play the audio stream on the website that you want to record.
- Click ‘Stop’ when it is done.
- Trim out any unnecessary parts of the recording by moving the marker and using the ‘scissors’ icon to split the video so that the segments can be isolated then deleted using the ‘trash can’ icon.
- Click ‘Save as’ and select ‘More presets’ then scroll down to the ‘Video and audio’ section and select an audio format such as MP3, AAC or WAV.
Go ahead and try out those steps now and use them to record audio from website. While you’re at it be sure to experiment with the other features in Movavi Screen Capture and also experiment with recording video by defining the capture area, setting the frame rate, choosing whether to capture keyboard and mouse actions, and so on.
With the control that Movavi Screen Capture provides, you can record any sort of video or audio from your PC. Needless to say that will undoubtedly come in handy in various situations, so it makes sense to keep it around just in case.