If you’re one of the millions of individuals or businesses going online each and every day, you have plenty of company.
That said using the Internet means taking not only responsibility, but also some caution. While most consumers and businesses use it regularly without too many hiccups, others are not so lucky.
One of the downsides in today’s digital age is the fact online criminals are quite abundant.
Whether looking to steal consumer data straight from the consumer or via businesses having that information, the threats and dangers are real.
So, how does one go about making sure they are doing all possible to protect consumer and business interests online?
Privacy Truly Matters in Today’s Online World
So that you are better able to keep your world safe from online criminals, don’t take the following pointers for granted:
- Security – First and foremost, do you have a security program covering each and every move you make on the Internet? Unfortunately, many consumers (and some business owners for that matter) feel like they are immune to the dangers of the worldwide web. As a result, they can easily fall victim to online criminals and their devious actions. While there are many different online security software programs out there, trying to decide which one best suits your needs may be difficult. If that’s the case, check out LifeLock and the other options out there. When all is said and done, one of the available programs will best protect your online activities;
- Commonsense – How many times have you thought there is no way you (or your business if applicable) will fall victim to online criminals? Unfortunately, thinking one is totally immune from such havoc is taking things for granted. Protect you and your interests by thinking there is always a chance someone is watching your online activities. When you do that, you are more likely to avoid being the next victim of identity theft and other crimes, many of which are perpetrated online. Just as you hopefully use commonsense with your offline activities, the same needs to apply when using your computer, mobile device etc. Otherwise, you are setting yourself up for potential trouble.
Watching Your Online Footprints
- Tracks – As great as software security systems can be (and many of them are), watching your online footprints is a responsibility everyone using the Internet has. For example, do you casually pass around your username/password information from time to time? Even doing so among your family and/or friends can prove disastrous. Do your best to watch your online footprints, not leaving a door open for the online criminal who is intently watching;
- Accountability – Being a consumer, it is important you hold those businesses with your private information accountable. For instance, if you provide a company with your credit card data and/or household information (address, phone number, birthdates etc.), you expect it to be kept in the strictest of confidence. Whether a company is a new kid on the block or has been around for many years, they should know how important consumer privacy truly is. If one or more companies you deal with are not protecting your privacy, it spells two problems. For you, it put your identity in danger of being compromised. For the business owner, he or she can lose their credibility as a reliable company to deal with, something that can sink a business model.
Using Technology Appropriately
As the clocks turn towards 2017 in the near future, it is only predictable that technology will continue to grow.
That said using it to your benefit is in your best interests, be you a consumer and/or business owner.
Take the time to learn about how you can avoid becoming the next online criminal victim. There are plenty of stories (and many more tips) out there to consume.
In the end, protecting your online interests is something you should be driven by each and every day.
How To Pay Safely On The Net?
Nowadays the scientific and technical progress is developing rapidly leaving behind and introducing more and more things. E-commerce became an important part of almost every company. It allows reaching the wider auditory, in comparison with the traditional way of promoting. But usually online business requires…
7 Common Reasons Why WordPress Websites Get Hacked
If there is one content management system (CMS) that’s credited for revolutionizing the modern web, it’s WordPress. Thanks to this revolutionary software, making any type of website is not difficult today. Its flexibility and ease of use make it so popular that WordPress powers as…
Manage Endpoint Security With Cloud-Based Action 1
Meet a free Cloud-based endpoint security and patch management solution from Action1 (www.action1.com). This top-ranking solution facilitates network discovery, enables you to find installed software and orchestrate software updates across all your endpoints regardless of their location. With many tools over there, you might be…
Private Practice: Crucial Services Your Startup Needs
Medical professionals around the world dream of having their own private practice. It allows more freedom for dictating your own schedule but it does come with its own set of challenges and while many are similar to those most startups face, starting a business in…
How To Keep Your Personal Information Anonymous And Secure While Using A Web Browser
Browsing the web or checking Facebook a few times a day has recently become something natural as breathing and eating. People wake up, immediately reaching for their phones to be up to date. Is it already an addiction to the Internet? Of course, it depends…
- 3D Printing
- App Dev
- Artificial Intelligence
- Arts and Entertainment
- Big Data
- Blockchain Tech
- Business Technology
- Car Technology
- Cloud Computing
- Cloud Storage
- Computer and Technology
- Conference Calling
- Coupons and Deals
- Cyber Security
- Dark Left 1
- Data Center
- Data Recovery
- Digital Arena
- Digital Marketing
- Edu Tech
- Email Marketing
- Google Glass
- Guides and Tutorials
- Health and Fitness
- Home Appliance
- Home Improvement
- Home Security
- Internet and Businesses Online
- Internet Marketing
- IT Careers
- Mobile Apps
- Mobile Security
- New Tech
- Online Shopping
- Project Management
- Reference and Education
- Reputation Management
- Sales & Marketing
- Self Improvement
- Shopping and Product reviews
- Small Business
- Social Media
- Tech Trends
- Technical Support
- Technology in Education
- Tips & Tricks
- Tips And Tricks
- Video Conferencing
- Virtual Reality
- Wearable Technology
- Web Design
- Web Development
- Web Hosting
10 Finest Dreamcast Emulators That Give A Nostalgia Trip
If a retro gamer is what defines your personality, you must remember Sega Dreamcast gaming consoles. Even though the production is discontinued, it still puts a smile on a true gamer’s face when remembered. After a certain time, the tides shifted and people moved towards…
7 Reasons To Switch To SurveySparrow From Typeform
We’ve been using Typeform for several years now. But after a point, we have decided to look beyond since we were also investing in different tools and delivery channels to meet our requirements. And like any human being, I searched on Google for the best…
Online Security Tips You Might Not Know About
Technology is now playing a major role in our daily lives. From how we work to how we spend our leisure time; it is central to us all now. Of course, a tech advance that has transformed our lives the most is the internet. While…
Here’s How Proxies Can Aid Email Protection
Are you concerned about your email protection measures? If that is the case, then this is for you. It all began in November 2014 with leaked emails from Sony Movie Pictures. After this leakage of emails went viral all over the world, people, organizations and…
3 Ways to Prepare For Cyber Security Risks That Employees Must Know
In a world where everything is much easier to do via mobile, app, or device, technology is not going to slow down. We’re all guilty of potentially owning more than one device, whether that is our personal phones, work phones, tablets or fitness trackers. All…
Non-Negotiable Elements For Your Business IT Security Plan
In 2019, having a business IT security plan is more important than ever. An IT security plan is the first line of defense you have for protecting your business – and your clients – against cybercriminals. Cybercriminals include hackers, who frequently obtain personal information with…