If you’re one of the millions of individuals or businesses going online each and every day, you have plenty of company.
That said using the Internet means taking not only responsibility, but also some caution. While most consumers and businesses use it regularly without too many hiccups, others are not so lucky.
One of the downsides in today’s digital age is the fact online criminals are quite abundant.
Whether looking to steal consumer data straight from the consumer or via businesses having that information, the threats and dangers are real.
So, how does one go about making sure they are doing all possible to protect consumer and business interests online?
Privacy Truly Matters in Today’s Online World
So that you are better able to keep your world safe from online criminals, don’t take the following pointers for granted:
- Security – First and foremost, do you have a security program covering each and every move you make on the Internet? Unfortunately, many consumers (and some business owners for that matter) feel like they are immune to the dangers of the worldwide web. As a result, they can easily fall victim to online criminals and their devious actions. While there are many different online security software programs out there, trying to decide which one best suits your needs may be difficult. If that’s the case, check out LifeLock and the other options out there. When all is said and done, one of the available programs will best protect your online activities;
- Commonsense – How many times have you thought there is no way you (or your business if applicable) will fall victim to online criminals? Unfortunately, thinking one is totally immune from such havoc is taking things for granted. Protect you and your interests by thinking there is always a chance someone is watching your online activities. When you do that, you are more likely to avoid being the next victim of identity theft and other crimes, many of which are perpetrated online. Just as you hopefully use commonsense with your offline activities, the same needs to apply when using your computer, mobile device etc. Otherwise, you are setting yourself up for potential trouble.
Watching Your Online Footprints
- Tracks – As great as software security systems can be (and many of them are), watching your online footprints is a responsibility everyone using the Internet has. For example, do you casually pass around your username/password information from time to time? Even doing so among your family and/or friends can prove disastrous. Do your best to watch your online footprints, not leaving a door open for the online criminal who is intently watching;
- Accountability – Being a consumer, it is important you hold those businesses with your private information accountable. For instance, if you provide a company with your credit card data and/or household information (address, phone number, birthdates etc.), you expect it to be kept in the strictest of confidence. Whether a company is a new kid on the block or has been around for many years, they should know how important consumer privacy truly is. If one or more companies you deal with are not protecting your privacy, it spells two problems. For you, it put your identity in danger of being compromised. For the business owner, he or she can lose their credibility as a reliable company to deal with, something that can sink a business model.
Using Technology Appropriately
As the clocks turn towards 2017 in the near future, it is only predictable that technology will continue to grow.
That said using it to your benefit is in your best interests, be you a consumer and/or business owner.
Take the time to learn about how you can avoid becoming the next online criminal victim. There are plenty of stories (and many more tips) out there to consume.
In the end, protecting your online interests is something you should be driven by each and every day.
Your Business Needs These 13 Digital Security Solutions – Here’s How To Get The Most Out Of Each
How would you characterize your organization’s digital security posture? If you’re not sure how to answer this question, or perhaps would prefer not to answer it at all, you’re not alone. Countless decision-makers, from uber-competent CTOs and CISOs to CEOs and COOs who couldn’t code…
Louisiana And Oklahoma Introduce Digital Identification To Prevent Fake ID Use
Digital ID in Louisiana Utilizing digital IDs has been a commonly broached topic for a while now. Although most states are only either deliberating their helpfulness or in the utmost initial stages, Louisiana has moved forward. The primary introduction of this technology was done back…
ScanGuard Review – Here is What You Should Know
Doesn’t it sound good and satisfying to have a goop-performing antivirus that is reliable enough? Yes, it is. For that reason, you need to be extra careful when you are in search of a good antivirus. Put all the necessary factors into consideration so that…
The Emerging Need for Social Media Security
By the time you’ve finished reading this sentence, nearly 700 passwords have been stolen from social media accounts across the world. Social media security breaches have the potential to cause up to $6 trillion in cybercrime damages by 2021, up from $3 billion in costs…
Which New Lorex Security Camera Is Right for Your Home?
Keeping your family and your possessions safe requires a proactive approach, and one way to protect what you care about is with a security camera system. Lorex Technology is well known for their security camera solutions, and their two newest products will change the way…
- 3D Printing
- App Dev
- Artificial Intelligence
- Arts and Entertainment
- Big Data
- Blockchain Tech
- Business Technology
- Car Technology
- Cloud Computing
- Cloud Storage
- Computer and Technology
- Conference Calling
- Coupons and Deals
- Cyber Security
- Dark Left 1
- Data Center
- Data Recovery
- Digital Arena
- Digital Marketing
- Edu Tech
- Email Marketing
- Google Glass
- Guides and Tutorials
- Health and Fitness
- Home Improvement
- Home Security
- Internet and Businesses Online
- Internet Marketing
- IT Careers
- Mobile Apps
- Mobile Security
- New Tech
- Online Shopping
- Project Management
- Reference and Education
- Reputation Management
- Sales & Marketing
- Shopping and Product reviews
- Small Business
- Social Media
- Tech Trends
- Technical Support
- Technology in Education
- Tips & Tricks
- Tips And Tricks
- Video Conferencing
- Virtual Reality
- Wearable Technology
- Web Design
- Web Development
- Web Hosting
WinX HD Converter Deluxe Review: A Power-Packed 4K Video Converter With Wider Compatibility
Capturing 4K video has become such a thing of simplicity nowadays. There was a time when you wanted one GoPro or a high-end camcorder, but, now, your iPhone or DSLR is enough. The real problem is that most of the devices you come across are…
Tech-Driven Onboarding Solutions Can Improve Hiring
Hiring is one of the most challenging and expensive parts of running a business. It can take weeks or even months to develop a job listing, request resumes and sort through them, and interview potential candidates. And even once a company hires someone, there’s still…
Non-Negotiable Elements For Your Business IT Security Plan
In 2019, having a business IT security plan is more important than ever. An IT security plan is the first line of defense you have for protecting your business – and your clients – against cybercriminals. Cybercriminals include hackers, who frequently obtain personal information with…
Businesses Need To Be Proactive When It Comes To Cyber Security
For business of any size, making sure they are not only compliant with security regulations but continually improving and adjusting the measures they have in place is vital. Quite often the factor which determines how a business approaches cyber security is the mindset of the…
How To Become A Cyber Security Analyst
What is Cyber Security? Cyber security is the practice of protecting a system or network from digital attacks. These attacks are generally aimed to retrieve or destroy sensitive information and it is a serious threat to all the organizations. Who is A Cyber Security Analyst…