PPC Vs. SEO: Choose What’s Best For Your Business
Nearly every website owner faces some challenges associated with a newly launched website promotion strategy. The bitter reality is that if you lack an accurate marketing plan, there is a good chance your efforts will turn into a journey without a map. Some of the tricks you learn and implement might bring positive results, but most of them are likely to fail.
Most merchants want to attract huge and relevant traffic to their websites, convert the site users into loyal customers, and get the desired returns on investments. However, they frequently ponder over the most challenging dilemma: PPC vs SEO agency – What’s best for a business? Others don’t even know the difference between SEO and PPC, and that makes it more challenging to make the right search engine marketing decisions.
Some digital marketers say that SEO is more like purchasing a property while PPC is like renting a home. Or, SEO is like working out at a gym facility while PPC is like taking an energy drink. Of course, your choice will depend majorly on your goals priorities, expectations, and more. However, it is recommended to run different marketing campaigns, particularly those that allow you to achieve different results.
PPC Vs. SEO: Which way should you go?
Generally, both techniques are effective when it comes to attracting traffic to your website. The right choice primarily depends on the webmasters and their requirements. Experts in both PPC and SEO claim that their system works better than the other. Here are the benefits and downsides of both techniques. These details will help you analyze your objectives and choose a technique that will offer you exactly what you need.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Generally, search engine optimization is a well-planned strategy that lets webmasters bring traffic to a website from Google and other search engines such as Bing. It is free for lifetime, but it takes effort and time. Besides, there is no guarantee that your website will rank perfectly for a specific keyword. SEO is much commonly used than PPC and tends to attract better traffic.
- No need to pay for every click
- When done correctly, SEO can bring better ROI
- Studies show that users often click organic (SEO results) compared to paid ads (PPC) on Google
- Organic traffic is larger and long-term compared to paid traffic
- Trust Value studies reveal that internet users credit businesses that rank organically more compared to those using PPC.
- The beauty of SEO is that it’s never directly proportional to the amount you have invested as it is the case with PPC. It revolves around your creativity and ability to thin
- SEO drives organic traffic, and that takes time to bring noticeable results
- It depends on the quality of the links on your website
- The results are often subjected to variations of search engine’s updates
- Once you rank high, you must continue implementing better SEO strategies to avoid slipping back to low raking
Pay Per Click is a certain model of internet marketing that requires marketers to pay some fee each time their ad is clicked. It is a way of purchasing visitors to your website instead of trying to ‘earn’ the visits organically.
- The technique brings instant traffic to a website – pay and get served.
- Requires less time and effort compared to SEO.
- The website owner doesn’t have to worry about Google and other search engine’s algorithm updates.
- You can choose the location, the specific location, and the period you want to rank.
- Your investment amount equals the level of traffic you get.
- Brings more focused and targeted results.
- PPC doesn’t bring lasting results. The moment you stop paying for the ads, your traffic will stop instantly.
- Just like renting a property, regardless of how many years you have been paying rent, the property isn’t yours.
- The cost of advertising might continue to increase as more advertisers join the marketing strategy.
To sum it up, both SEO and PPC are effective customer acquisition channels. Both have benefits and downsides, and what you choose for your business will depend on your needs. If you want instant traffic, PPC will be a great choice. However, if you want to build authority and get lasting results, SEO will be the best option.