Looking for the Best HandBrake Alternative? Here’s Your Answer!
Suppose you have an old DVD saved somewhere that you want to convert to MP4 format to play it on your laptop. Now, in order to do that effectively, you need a video converter that does the job, and many people rely on HandBrake in this regard. HandBrake is an open source video transcoder that is free and available on multiple platforms. But, can HandBrake rip DVD as smoothly as you want it to be? Well, not quite!
The tool comes with some really cool perks, but it’s not without glitches. Firstly, HandBrake is usually very slow and prone to lagging. Even though it rips DVDs for free, there is a considerable loss of quality in the end result. The main issue that users have with it is that the tool keeps crashing and there’s no way to enable the HEVC option. Besides, it doesn’t support DVD encryption or video editing.
So, you need a good HandBrake alternative to rip a full DVD to MP4 or to any other format? And, WinX DVD Ripper Platinum is the one you can rely on for that.
DVD Rips Made Easy by WinX DVD Ripper Platinum
As the best HandBrake alternative, WinX can rip all kinds of DVDS/ISO images to the hard drive. It doesn’t matter whether it’s a workout, homemade, or Hollywood DVD that has to be ripped, this tool can make it happen for you. It can convert DVDs for playback on different Microsoft, Sony, Android, and Apple devices.
Furthermore, you can use this software to convert from DVD to MP4, HEVC, AVI, and more. One of the best parts is that it takes no more than five minutes to rip a full DVD to MP4. Unlike HandBrake, you can even use WinX DVD Ripper Platinum for editing DVDs and removing encryptions.
Features that make WinX stand out as HandBrake Alternative
- WinX supports all formats of DVDs and a wide range of outputs, including the ones that HandBrake doesn’t. So, in this case, you have outputs such as MP4 (H.264/HEVC), MP3, AVI (DivX/XviD), MPEG, and so on.
- It lets you rip DVDs to all Android, Apple, and Xbox devices to play anytime and anywhere without the need for a DVD player or a Wi-Fi connection.
- You get an excellent 1:1 quality ratio, which HandBrake largely isn’t able to offer. The de-interlacing, high-end engine, and adjustable HQ encoder ensures that DVDs are ripped without any loss in quality.
- The speed is outstanding to say the least. Remember how you had to wait for hours to rip a single DVD completely? Now, WinX lets you backup and rip complete DVDs to MP4 in not more than five minutes. So, even in case of large files, you won’t need to wait for hours.
- The common glitches associated with HandBrake are absent in WinX. So, things like software crashing halfway through, DVD not reading, incomplete rip, and so on will not bother you.
If going through all the points mentioned above have got you thinking that such an advanced software would have a steep learning curve, the next section will address that notion of yours.
Steps to rip your DVDs using WinX DVD Ripper Platinum
- Load the DVD that you want to rip
- Choose the output format from the profile window. You’ll find multiple options here, even though MP4 is the most reliable one in terms of ease of playback, sharing, and editing across various platforms.
- Hit ‘Run’ to start the process of ripping
Now, give it about five minutes for a full DVD, and the job will be done. It won’t make you wait for too long.
With more than 70 million downloads since 2009, WinX DVD Ripper Platinum is the software of choice for users to back up, rip, and edit DVDs. And, if you are worried about the glitches and shortcomings of HandBrake, you need to switch to WinX today. There will be no going back after you start using the advanced features of this popular tool.