Increased Security And Uptime: Why Many Businesses Are Choosing Managed IT Services
The most successful business owners have learned how to delegate those tasks they either no longer have time for or those they don’t have the expertise to do well – and that includes internet technology. This is where managed IT services comes into play because they offer many benefits to businesses. If you have been considering turning over your IT tasks to a pro, here are some benefits to consider and information to help you get started.
What Managed IT Services Can Do for Your Business
IT problems and tasks can take up a lot of your time, so imagine if you didn’t have to worry about them any longer. One of the biggest benefits of managed IT services is gaining peace of mind by knowing your IT team has your back. For most businesses, managed IT services do not replace their existing IT team, but instead, they can partner with, and free your internal staff to focus on more strategic projects, such as working on a cloud initiative or developing a custom application.
Here are some more key benefits to consider:
- Less Downtime – The biggest headache for businesses is improving their uptime. Businesses can lose money due to downtime, so having a managed IT service can be your best solution. They are prepared for unexpected emergencies and disasters, such as security breaches, power outages and the loss of data that could affect your credibility and even cause you to lose accounts. Managed IT service providers keep IT systems running efficiently and maximize your uptime, leaving you to focus on growing your business.
- Security and Compliance Guidance – Business owners and their workers use a variety of devices, from desktops and laptops to smartphones and tablets, but there’s also the data storage and transmission of operating systems, servers, browsers and even wearable technology to contend with. This can open the door to data breaches, but a managed IT service can shut that door and lock it, too.
Another issue to consider is compliance, especially for businesses that work in or with the healthcare industry, but it can affect everyone, because of the need to comply with the Payment Card Industry (PCI) guidelines. A managed IT service provider can make sure you stay in compliance with the latest industry standards.
- 24/7/365 Coverage – A managed IT service can remove the constant concern business owners deal with regarding their daily IT operations and data management. No one wants to wonder about the speed and reliability of their network or wake up in the middle of the night with worries about their IT status. An IT team can monitor your network while you sleep, watching out for potential vulnerabilities that could turn into a major emergency.According to http://atb-tech.com/it-consulting/managed-it/, this 24/7/365 approach means your IT managed services provider has a constant baseline of your network’s performance, so when something doesn’t look right, they can identify when and where the problem started, allowing them to pinpoint the root of the problem faster and take proactive steps to keep similar issues from happening in the future. Your managed IT service can do the worrying for you by managing your data proactively with routine encrypted backups, IT virtualization and cloud computing capabilities.
- Leverage the Latest Technologies – Working with an outside IT team can lessen the burden of your internal IT team by filling in knowledge gaps, so they don’t always have play catch up with the latest tech tools. Some workers don’t possess the training or skills to do certain IT jobs, while others struggle with managing the entire network of a company by themselves.A managed IT service is like having a second team of IT professionals. Not only can they prevent, troubleshoot and fix problems, they can also preserve your uptime and protect your network using the latest IT tools for backup and disaster recovery (BDR) and remote monitoring and management (RMM).
- Money Savings – Most business IT budgets cover the costs of your network infrastructure and network maintenance, as well as software and hardware expenses, just for starters. Consider the cost of your IT staff, which is a major expense for most businesses. A managed IT service can help cut the size of your IT team, saving you money. Perhaps you don’t have an IT team and are relying on your regular employee to handle tech tasks they are not capable of doing. An IT service provider can increase productivity by freeing them to do what they were trained to do in the first place.You will also be able to determine your monthly IT costs by using an outside IT service provider, because they will be able to explain and predict the month-by-month costs for you, allowing for better money management overall.
If you have been trying to decide if you should use a managed IT services provider, these benefits should be enough to help you make an informed decision. Leaving the tech headaches to the pros could even transform your business, bringing it to a higher level of productivity and profits.
Ava Howarth is an IT consultant who enjoys protecting small businesses. You can find her articles on a variety of business tech and IT websites.
Your Business Needs These 13 Digital Security Solutions – Here’s How To Get The Most Out Of Each
How would you characterize your organization’s digital security posture? If you’re not sure how to answer this question, or perhaps would prefer not to answer it at all, you’re not alone. Countless decision-makers, from uber-competent CTOs and CISOs to CEOs and COOs who couldn’t code…
Louisiana And Oklahoma Introduce Digital Identification To Prevent Fake ID Use
Digital ID in Louisiana Utilizing digital IDs has been a commonly broached topic for a while now. Although most states are only either deliberating their helpfulness or in the utmost initial stages, Louisiana has moved forward. The primary introduction of this technology was done back…
ScanGuard Review – Here is What You Should Know
Doesn’t it sound good and satisfying to have a goop-performing antivirus that is reliable enough? Yes, it is. For that reason, you need to be extra careful when you are in search of a good antivirus. Put all the necessary factors into consideration so that…
The Emerging Need for Social Media Security
By the time you’ve finished reading this sentence, nearly 700 passwords have been stolen from social media accounts across the world. Social media security breaches have the potential to cause up to $6 trillion in cybercrime damages by 2021, up from $3 billion in costs…
Which New Lorex Security Camera Is Right for Your Home?
Keeping your family and your possessions safe requires a proactive approach, and one way to protect what you care about is with a security camera system. Lorex Technology is well known for their security camera solutions, and their two newest products will change the way…
- 3D Printing
- App Dev
- Artificial Intelligence
- Arts and Entertainment
- Big Data
- Blockchain Tech
- Business Technology
- Car Technology
- Cloud Computing
- Cloud Storage
- Computer and Technology
- Conference Calling
- Coupons and Deals
- Cyber Security
- Dark Left 1
- Data Center
- Data Recovery
- Digital Arena
- Digital Marketing
- Edu Tech
- Email Marketing
- Google Glass
- Guides and Tutorials
- Health and Fitness
- Home Improvement
- Home Security
- Internet and Businesses Online
- Internet Marketing
- IT Careers
- Mobile Apps
- Mobile Security
- New Tech
- Online Shopping
- Project Management
- Reference and Education
- Reputation Management
- Sales & Marketing
- Shopping and Product reviews
- Small Business
- Social Media
- Tech Trends
- Technical Support
- Technology in Education
- Tips & Tricks
- Tips And Tricks
- Video Conferencing
- Virtual Reality
- Wearable Technology
- Web Design
- Web Development
- Web Hosting
Ticking The Box VS Going The Extra Mile: Is Automation Hurting The Customer Experience?
The modern small business has a significant amount of electronic communiqué to deal with day-in and day-out. Most likely, they’ll also have a website that’s a large part of their marketing presence. That standalone site and/or their social media presence can become either highly cost-effective…
How Reinvesting Profits Can Help Your Company To Grow
Making a profit is the obvious goal of any business. But what should you do with those profits once you’ve made them? Two immediate answers spring to mind: save or spend. There is a third option, however, which involves keeping your money moving while making…
How to Immediately Improve Your Online Security
While the internet might seem paradisiacal, danger lurks in the obscurity of it. Apart from outsourcing your IT needs to specialists like IT support companies in London, there are immediate measures you can take to ensure your online world is as secure as the home…
Everything You Need To Know About Cybersecurity In 2019
With long workdays and jam-packed weekends, it’s a godsend that we can do most of our shopping, social interaction, and many other day-to-day tasks from the convenience of our computers and mobile devices. The internet has been making our lives so much easier for the…
4 Reasons Why You Should Upgrade Your Cybersecurity Right Now
Decades have passed since the phenomenon called the internet, cybersecurity is still very much a threat to businesses and individual users alike. Considering how much money cybersecurity companies invest to bolster their solutions, you would think that cybersecurity threats would be a thing of the…
Why Small Businesses Need A Web Application Firewall
Today, cyber security is one of the primary concerns of small businesses and large tech companies alike. The threat landscape is ever-evolving, with increasingly sophisticated hackers racing to thwart cyber security experts as they build stronger lines of defense. On top of that, the numbers…