How To Use Google Ads’ Local Campaigns For Your Small Business
Owning a small business is no small feat. When it comes to generating sales, social media and the internet can be powerful resources for local ads! Not only are there many benefits from using Google Ads’ local settings, but there are also many reasons why targeting local markets will help your business grow!
Why Advertise Local?
As a small business, your target market is going to be local individuals. Finding ways to advertise with local google searches can bring in new business from all over! Whether someone is visiting the area, or lives nearby, there are innumerable ways businesses can benefit from using search engines!
Though there are many ways to simplify keyword searches, integrate search engine optimization, and even amplify your website traffic, sometimes that just isn’t enough. By using the tools that are already in place using Google Ads settings, you can not only bring in traffic to your stores, or websites, but you can also bring in customers who may never have thought about your products or services before!
There are several ways to approach using Google Ads to target local patrons. Once you are able to properly navigate these four main components, your small business will be able to take full advantage of all the local Google Ads’ campaigns!
Here are the main ways to get the most from Google Ads:
- AI Links (Dynamic Sitelinks)
- Local Search Ads
- Target Keywords
Taking a closer look at each avenue for local marketing is key. Once you’re able to use a few, if not all of these tactics, your business will soon be generating more profits! Sometimes, however, you can’t do it all on your own. That’s when it doesn’t help to seek out a pro!
Digital marketing specialists are available to offer information, services, as well as search engine optimization for your business! Apollo search marketing agency is an excellent example of who to reach out to when you don’t know what your next online marketing step should be. Do some research to find a company that will work best for you and your small business!
Google extensions are easy to understand. Extensions are able to increase click-through rates, as well as contain more information about your ad without having to use up ad copy! They allow your ad to be clicked on through the extra provided room in the query.
When it comes to ad extensions there are several options that you can take advantage of for your local advertisement. Not only are they easy to follow, but they are also FREE!
- Location: Local ads will need to have a location extension! This may seem like a no-brainer, but it is one of the most skipped over Google ad extensions. To add the location extension, simply click on the locations extensions on your Google Ads Dashboard. Once users are able to click on your ad, the location of your business will automatically load into Google Maps! Easy to do, easy to implement, and super easy for customers to find their way to your business!
- Affiliate Locations: These extensions may seem self-explanatory. This means that your search ads will be featured on affiliates carrying your products, using your services, etc. If your products are sold at local boutiques, or local stores, then your business will pop up when those locations are searched!
- Phone Extensions: This particular extension is excellent for people searching Google on their mobile phones. Simply add the phone number extension to your Google Ads Dashboard and you’ll be set! Phone extensions are excellent because if someone is out of the house, searching on their phone, they can call to ask more questions about your business then head right over! Simple, straightforward, and easy to implement.
Extensions are an excellent way to manage your Google Ads. However, not all of them will be the absolute best option for your particular business. If you are ever unsure about what will work best for generating traffic to your business website, or to your physical address, it doesn’t hurt to get a professional opinion.
Artificial Intelligences links (also known as Dynamic Sitelinks) are also excellent ways to use Google Ads local campaigns for your small business. Putting some of Google’s AI technology to work for you, so you can sit back, relax, and get more business!
AI links are generated when click histories are applied to local businesses, affiliate links, and other Google information. These particular links aren’t difficult to work with, but may also offer the least benefits. Be certain to work with Dynamic Sitelinks for a month or two before determining if this is the right move for your business.
Run Local Search Ads with Bid Modifiers
Local search ads are one of the best ways to create real, tangible sales results. However, they are probably the most challenging to set up as far as the Google Ads warrant. These ads are basically when you search a general location, and your business will pop up in Google Maps.
This particular advertisement avenue does work differently from the rest of the search engine ads. The local search ads will link to more information from google rather than your company website. This includes summaries about location, photos, store hours, etc.
Here are the steps to set up the Bid Modifiers:
- Add location extensions
- Update your Google My Business Page
- Optimize bids on targeting location
- Optimize keywords for business location
If this seems to be too challenging, you can always find, or hire, a person to help you, or give advice on this particular issue.
Another great way to get the most out of your Google Ads is by taking advantage of target local keywords! Locations keywords will not only help to ping your business, but help you to earn a steady income, even as a retiring entrepreneur!
All you have to do is target customers within a 20-30-mile radius of your advertisement area that are searching keywords related to your business. This means if someone is to search something related to your particular business, your business has a higher likelihood of popping up on their search.
Here are the steps to set up the Target Local Keywords:
- Change default settings in your campaign settings by clicking on location tab.
- Click on location options
- Choose People in your targeted locations
- Then to go Keyword Analytics in your Google Ads Dashboard
- Go to Keyword Overview
- Combine business keywords with geolocation targeting (I.E. Plumber New York City)
VOILA! IF you’re not really a “tech person” this may seem a bit complicated for you. Don’t worry! You can always find a guided step by step instruction video online, or hire a good IT person to help you out!
Google Ads’ Campaign Uses for Your Small Business!
Breaking down the various steps to take advantage of all of the Google Ads local settings will help your business in the long run! Not only can you apply various extensions, but you can also set up AI links and target local keywords in order to generate more business! You can choose to take advantage of all of these steps, or just one or two, it’s up to you!
No matter how you got about using Google Ads settings, it never hurts to aim local for higher sales! You’ve put so much work into building your small business, every little bit of extra help won’t hurt. Bring in more sales, profits, and help your small business grow by using Google Ads’ local campaign settings!