WhatsApp is one of the most popular messaging apps in today’s world. Packed with tons of features and a user-friendly interface, the application is the go-to choice for a huge chunk of the population worldwide. Everyone has some important and sensitive information in their chats which they need to save and keep with them for a long time.
However, in the case when one has to change the device for any reason, shifting all the chat and data from the previous device is necessary without any data loss. The process can become a little tricky when you have to transfer WhatsApp messages from Android to iPhone especially. Don’t worry. Here we have discussed the best way to transfer your data from one device to another in a jiffy.
How to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone or vice-versa?
Here are the top ways to carry out the whole process smoothly.
With Wondershare Dr.Fone-WhatsApp Transfer, you can transfer the data and chats between iOS and Android with a few clicks of your mouse. You can move any item from one device to another, including your important attachments.
You can even transfer your WhatsApp business chat using this software between the same and different OS devices. On top of that, you can make a chat backup of the WhatApp history with this software. Once you have the backup, you can complete the whole process of restoring anything with one single click. The software makes the whole process easy and convenient for the users.
Here are all the detailed steps to transfer chats from iOS to Android devices.
- Download Dr.Fone on your PC or laptop. If you cannot find the official link, then click here.
- Now open the software. Make sure that you have connected both your iOS and Android device to your laptop or PC with the help of a USB cable. Now click on the WhatsApp Transfer.
- Now choose the Transfer WhatsApp Messages option on your screen and click on the Transfer button.
- Wait for the process to get completed successfully. Make sure that both the devices stay connected to the laptop or PC throughout the process.
You can transfer your WhatsApp chat history and attachment from your iOS device to an Android device using an email transfer. The process does not require any additional software, but it can be a little lengthy. Here are the detailed steps of the whole process.
- Open your iPhone and then open your WhatsApp. Now go to the Settings of WhatsApp.
- Now click on the Chats option on your iPhone and then select the Export Chat option. You can select the chat history that you want to share and even include attachments if you want.
- Now select the mail option. You can select any mail option(Apple Mail, Gmail, etc.) and send it to the mail that you are using on your Android device.
- Now you have to delete WhatsApp in your Android device if you have already installed it as you cannot update the app’s data while using it.
- Now go to the Google Play Store and install the WhatsApp application on your Android device. Make sure that you have logged in to your account where you have sent the chat backup.
- Now when you install the application on your Android device, a message will prompt you to restore data. Click on it and select the file from the mail to restore the whole chat history with all your data.
You can use this data transfer app to transfer WhatsApp chat, images, documents, videos, and GPS data from your iPhone to your Android device. Here are the detailed steps to use the app and complete the whole process.
- Connect your iPhone to your PC or laptop and launch iTunes. Now create a backup of the iPhone by clicking on the Back Up Now option. Make sure you uncheck the Encrypt Local Backup checkbox.
- Now go to the official website of the WazzapMigrator and download iPhone Backup Extractor. You can click here directly to reach the official site.
- Now run the application on your laptop. Open it and select your iPhone. After this, click on Raw files and look for AppDomainGroup-group.net.whatsapp. WhatsApp.shared folder.
- Now export the ChatStorage.sqlite file. You can even select the media files in the Message folder. If you select any media file, then again click on export and save the file.
- Now connect the Android device to the laptop and put this file in the Download folder of the Android device.
- Install the WazzapMigrator Lite application on your Android device and click on the Start button after opening the application.
- Now reinstall the Whatsapp application and fill in the required details that you filled in your iPhone.
Here are the top ways to transfer WhatsApp messages from Android to iPhone. Go through the whole article and choose the one that feels most comfortable. However, the first method will not involve any unnecessary hassle or long process to transfer your data and chat messages.