Roulette is one of the most popular casino games that one can find. One of the reasons for the same is the fact that the game relies heavily upon a player’s luck. That’s why, even when a newcomer plays at the table, they are on even ground with experienced players!
It’s no wonder why the game of lady luck is so popular amongst punters both online and offline. Today, we’ll take a swift dive into how you can play roulette online. Hence, let’s begin without any further ado.
Steps to Play Roulette
The steps to playing roulette, both online and offline, are more or less the same. The differences lie in the method through which you can access either of the game versions.
For instance, offline roulette is readily accessible at an offline casino. You just have to walk in, place your bets and start playing. However, for online roulette, the method is slightly different, and we’ve explained it below. But before that, here’s how to play roulette:
- (Online Step) – To play roulette online, you’ll need to choose the best casino from a credible list of online roulette casinos and register on the same site.
- The game starts off with placing bets. As a player, you need to choose from the different types of bets available. Some of the common bet types are:
- Inside Bets – These are bets like straight-up bets that you place on a single number to an entire layout. Alternatively, you can also place the split bet where you bet on two numbers. The third bet type of this category is street bets which are palace on three numbers. You can bet on up to six numbers at a go.
- The Outside Proposition Bets – These bets include the column bet that lets you bet on an entire column of numbers, the dozens bet that wins when one out of a dozen selections wins, and the odd or even bet. Apart from the most popular types, high and low bets and red or black bets are also available to players.
- The game kicks off after the bets, and the croupier throws the ball into the wheel of fortune! Players, at this point, can continue to place bets.
- In the middle of the spin, the croupier will announce “no more bets” or something similar, and after this point, no bets are allowed in the game.
- The final step in the game is to wait for the ball to land on a slot of your selection, and you’ll win. If the ball does not land on a number or color you’ve chosen, then you lose the game.
The game is extremely simple to play and, hence, is engaging for several casino players. It’s the perfect mix of fast-paced and fun.
Rules of the Game
There are a few integral rules or rather facts of roulette that you must remember for both online and offline games:
- Roulette chips represent the amount you have wagered at the roulette table. Different chips have different values.
- Betting opens when the puck in the game is moved by the dealer, and no bets can be placed before the same.
- The dealer will wave his hand over the number layout at the roulette table (for offline) or say no more bets (in most online cases), indicating that bets are locked until the round.
- You’ll know you won once the dealer calls out your number and places the puck on the same.
Following these rules is important for every roulette game as they also project you as a player who knows the game and is courteous toward others at the table.
Overall, the game of roulette is extremely engaging and fun to play. Use this guide as a basic overview of the game to get started. However, we recommend checking the details on the bets available in a game of roulette. Each bet type has a specific house margin, and some experts recommend specific bet types. All in all, the more you play, the better you get!