With the rapid growth of unstructured company content creation and filing, it’s easy to lose track of data and other important information within the institution. If you’re a company manager, you want to reduce the time it takes to find pertinent information and never lose sight of updates. If you’re using a standard filing system, then you’re already disorganised.
Unstructured data cause confusion and a lot of time wasted in the company. This translates to loss of production, a lethal consequence to any type of business.
Here’s a simple solution – content services. This article will show you how a content service can help you manage your content better.
Access and analyse data faster and in real time
Content services allow a company to access and analyse data and content across the entire system. Content services deliver a unified infrastructure that lays the foundation for better insight. It links transactional data with unstructured information across multiple formats and sources, such as ERP systems, document management repositories and websites.
Make impact on the bottom line, reduce cost and increase revenue
Content services offer a set of technologies and practices that maximise the value of information while minimising its risks. In particular, it provides for significant cost savings, an opportunity to drive revenue and a framework to enforce information governance.
Transform business efficiency
Time spent searching for information and inconsistent processes have a significant impact on productivity.
Content services enable organisations to increase efficiency by:
- Reducing time to find information
- Enabling access to processes anytime, anywhere, from any device
- Streamlining business processes
- Automating otherwise labor intensive processes.
Automation enables a business to ensure that processes are measurable, with a significantly reduced likelihood of error. It provides visibility into processes with the ability to identify bottlenecks and other performance problems. This complete view allows for continual improvement and efficiency gains.
Reduce security and risk for errors
Content services can reduce your financial, legal and business risks by helping you:
- Meet relevant government regulations, industry standards, and organisational policies and guidelines;
- Safeguard intellectual property and privacy
- Secure sensitive information.
An effective governance strategy is also the key to harnessing your information as an asset.
A good service content service provider will offer more or less the following solutions:
- Data Capture: Digitise documents and ingest content into internal systems, accurately and cost-effectively.
- Enterprise Content Management: Improve productivity and reduce the risks and costs of growing volumes of content.
- Business Process Automation: Optimise business workflows and processes to drive productivity and operational excellence.
- Link structured and unstructured content to provide seamless access to information and processes.
- Business Insight: Gain real-time insight into structured and unstructured data across systems.
- Customer Experience: Deliver rich, personalised, and interactive experiences across all digital touch points.
To sum it up, the benefits of using content services include time and cost savings, secured data, increased efficiency and productivity, improved collaboration, and more profit. If your company aims to be in the forefront of your particular industry, then you cannot afford to have an unstructured system.