How Much Money Can You Earn as an Affiliate Marketer?
To begin engaging in any new type of activity seriously and putting a lot of effort into it is a vital step. Before doing that, you need to evaluate this sphere from different angles. It is important to answer a few essential questions:
- Will I have the perseverance and patience to master new skills?
- To what extent does this type of activity correspond to my temperament and acquired knowledge?
- Will the money that I can earn in this industry be enough for me?
Affiliate marketing is so exciting, especially for outgoing people, that the question of making money can be secondary for them. For the rest engaged, it is necessary to know in advance the average affiliate marketing income.
Earning Scale in Affiliate Marketing
In any business, there are responsible workers, irresponsible, and super-talented. As a rule, this is also reflected in earnings if they are formed according to the result of the work done:
- Those who put in enough effort in affiliate marketing to create interesting content, build a wide base of subscribers, and communicate with them to maintain a reciprocal relationship will earn a steady income. Such affiliate marketers approach their tasks responsibly, which allows them to earn from $50,000 to $70,000 per year.
- Anyone who engages in affiliate marketing from time to time, without spending a lot of effort on it and without creating specific content intriguing for subscribers, will also receive income from affiliate marketing. However, it will be passive income. And like any passive income, it will be lower than the active one. Someone who does affiliate marketing occasionally and not intensively can still earn up to $20,000 a year.
- There are also super-talented charismatic influencers. Subscribers are often ready to blindly follow all their advice. Therefore, such affiliates will have a lot of referrals. This means that their earnings will also be very high. Such bright personalities can earn from $70,000 to $1,200.000 per year.
According to Payscale reports that studied the revenues of 7,000 affiliate marketers, the average salary in this sphere is $52,130 per year.
Does Professional Growth Affect Affiliate Marketing Earnings?
The amount of experience also affects the paychecks of affiliate marketers. It is essential whether the affiliate is a beginner in their business or they already have enough experience to:
- Distinguish between those affiliate programs that are worthy to participate in and those that are not.
- Produce content faster and feel what the audience likes.
- Analyze the traffic of their Internet resources and draw effective conclusions from this.
Beginners tend to earn up to $2,000 a year. However, be prepared for the fact that the first time, this figure will be lower. It takes from six months to several years for an affiliate marketer to fully master this type of activity. But if you have enough patience, there will be a qualitative leap, and earnings will increase significantly.
What Else Determines the Level of Earnings in Affiliate Marketing
When calculating your strategy, consider the following factors that may affect your earnings:
- Are you an expert in the niche you work in?
- How many subscribers do you have?
- Is there any potential to expand this follower base?
- In which niche will you be advertising products? There are more profitable niches and less profitable ones. Choose the most optimal one according to your abilities.
- Are you ready to communicate with subscribers to increase their engagement?
Money comes as your skills grow. And if you are willing to invest your time and effort in their improvement, this will definitely impact the level of income. Looking back later, you will thank yourself for having the patience to reach your peak.