According to the United Nations, internet access is a basic human right. It has become embedded in how we work, play, and learn that it now plays such a crucial part of our lifestyle. This is the case in the business to consumer (B2C) environment, what more in the business to business (B2B). Even more that technology and access to connectivity cannot be compromised with mediocre connection.
Fibre, Addressing Demands
Fibre Optic is the gold standard in business and residential connectivity. Technically speaking, its use of light to transmit data have a higher frequency and capacity compared to using electricity. What’s more, is that the fibre-optic cables used that are made from glass or plastic are not susceptible to electromagnetic interferences unlike in metal cables. When interferences such as electromagnetic and energy loss are lessened if not eliminated, data flows without degradation. That is to say, that fibre-optic cables handle these communication transmission limiters better than any other mode.
How does this translate to business? Back in the day when internet connectivity was mainly used to send emails, copper cables or ADSL would have sufficed. However, with so many demands complicated technologies, ultrafast broadband seems the most logical business move. How so?
As technology advances and human behaviour remain erratic, businesses need more stability when it comes to providing reliable service to customers. Other than that, the root of all demands come from a number of trends surfacing in the last couple of years at a faster rate.
1) Social Media as part of a strategy to keep businesses relevant.The need to be a part of a group, a gathering, an idea and the need to be interconnected is an innate behaviour. In this century, this just got translated into social media, but the objective is the same – to stay connected with other people. Moreover, we are in an era of customer-centricity, where products and services are dictated by customers rather than the other way around. A business ceases to be relevant or needed if it does not find a way to connect to its customers and vice versa.
2) Proliferation of Video. Video is expected to claim 80% of all web traffic by 2019. Imagine the bandwidth needed to address that projection! Furthermore, 59% of decision-makers would rather watch a video than read a blog or article. The opportunity is too great to ignore.
3) Cloud Computing is the operations norm.Whether you are a small business or a multinational business, Cloud Computing is a strategy that cannot be ignored. Its huge savings taken out of capital expenditure is just one of the enticing reasons why businesses are moving into the cloud. However, a cloud platform needs a reliable bandwidth for it to work. Without a stable connection, it’s a problem more than a solution.
4) Ubiquity, multi-platform business operations.Many would think that Cloud Computing was an ambitious move given the challenges on implementation and changes in mindset. But as demands come faster, businesses need a better way to increase revenue, so bottomline has a positive impact. Sales need to be more agile with better tools and availability of these tools whenever, wherever they are.
5) Internet of Things is here.The Internet of Things is more than just the collection of cool technology, but a way of life. Internet connectivity is on top of this enablement. Without it, businesses soon will not be able to provide their services following this lifestyle change.
Businesses in Fibre
Businesses must make a decision to choose reliability and stability. That can come from a number of things, but so do challenges. The last thing that you want to deal with is an unreliable connectivity when you have all the right technologies and equipment in place. Present and future, fibre connectivity addresses the demands posted in today’s business environment.
Your Business Needs These 13 Digital Security Solutions – Here’s How To Get The Most Out Of Each
How would you characterize your organization’s digital security posture? If you’re not sure how to answer this question, or perhaps would prefer not to answer it at all, you’re not alone. Countless decision-makers, from uber-competent CTOs and CISOs to CEOs and COOs who couldn’t code…
Louisiana And Oklahoma Introduce Digital Identification To Prevent Fake ID Use
Digital ID in Louisiana Utilizing digital IDs has been a commonly broached topic for a while now. Although most states are only either deliberating their helpfulness or in the utmost initial stages, Louisiana has moved forward. The primary introduction of this technology was done back…
ScanGuard Review – Here is What You Should Know
Doesn’t it sound good and satisfying to have a goop-performing antivirus that is reliable enough? Yes, it is. For that reason, you need to be extra careful when you are in search of a good antivirus. Put all the necessary factors into consideration so that…
The Emerging Need for Social Media Security
By the time you’ve finished reading this sentence, nearly 700 passwords have been stolen from social media accounts across the world. Social media security breaches have the potential to cause up to $6 trillion in cybercrime damages by 2021, up from $3 billion in costs…
Which New Lorex Security Camera Is Right for Your Home?
Keeping your family and your possessions safe requires a proactive approach, and one way to protect what you care about is with a security camera system. Lorex Technology is well known for their security camera solutions, and their two newest products will change the way…
- 3D Printing
- App Dev
- Artificial Intelligence
- Arts and Entertainment
- Big Data
- Blockchain Tech
- Business Technology
- Car Technology
- Cloud Computing
- Cloud Storage
- Computer and Technology
- Conference Calling
- Coupons and Deals
- Cyber Security
- Dark Left 1
- Data Center
- Data Recovery
- Digital Arena
- Digital Marketing
- Edu Tech
- Email Marketing
- Google Glass
- Guides and Tutorials
- Health and Fitness
- Home Improvement
- Home Security
- Internet and Businesses Online
- Internet Marketing
- IT Careers
- Mobile Apps
- Mobile Security
- New Tech
- Online Shopping
- Project Management
- Reference and Education
- Reputation Management
- Sales & Marketing
- Shopping and Product reviews
- Small Business
- Social Media
- Tech Trends
- Technical Support
- Technology in Education
- Tips & Tricks
- Tips And Tricks
- Video Conferencing
- Virtual Reality
- Wearable Technology
- Web Design
- Web Development
- Web Hosting
WinX HD Converter Deluxe Review: A Power-Packed 4K Video Converter With Wider Compatibility
Capturing 4K video has become such a thing of simplicity nowadays. There was a time when you wanted one GoPro or a high-end camcorder, but, now, your iPhone or DSLR is enough. The real problem is that most of the devices you come across are…
Tech-Driven Onboarding Solutions Can Improve Hiring
Hiring is one of the most challenging and expensive parts of running a business. It can take weeks or even months to develop a job listing, request resumes and sort through them, and interview potential candidates. And even once a company hires someone, there’s still…
Non-Negotiable Elements For Your Business IT Security Plan
In 2019, having a business IT security plan is more important than ever. An IT security plan is the first line of defense you have for protecting your business – and your clients – against cybercriminals. Cybercriminals include hackers, who frequently obtain personal information with…
Businesses Need To Be Proactive When It Comes To Cyber Security
For business of any size, making sure they are not only compliant with security regulations but continually improving and adjusting the measures they have in place is vital. Quite often the factor which determines how a business approaches cyber security is the mindset of the…
How To Become A Cyber Security Analyst
What is Cyber Security? Cyber security is the practice of protecting a system or network from digital attacks. These attacks are generally aimed to retrieve or destroy sensitive information and it is a serious threat to all the organizations. Who is A Cyber Security Analyst…