According to the United Nations, internet access is a basic human right. It has become embedded in how we work, play, and learn that it now plays such a crucial part of our lifestyle. This is the case in the business to consumer (B2C) environment, what more in the business to business (B2B). Even more that technology and access to connectivity cannot be compromised with mediocre connection.
Fibre, Addressing Demands
Fibre Optic is the gold standard in business and residential connectivity. Technically speaking, its use of light to transmit data have a higher frequency and capacity compared to using electricity. What’s more, is that the fibre-optic cables used that are made from glass or plastic are not susceptible to electromagnetic interferences unlike in metal cables. When interferences such as electromagnetic and energy loss are lessened if not eliminated, data flows without degradation. That is to say, that fibre-optic cables handle these communication transmission limiters better than any other mode.
How does this translate to business? Back in the day when internet connectivity was mainly used to send emails, copper cables or ADSL would have sufficed. However, with so many demands complicated technologies, ultrafast broadband seems the most logical business move. How so?
As technology advances and human behaviour remain erratic, businesses need more stability when it comes to providing reliable service to customers. Other than that, the root of all demands come from a number of trends surfacing in the last couple of years at a faster rate.
1) Social Media as part of a strategy to keep businesses relevant.The need to be a part of a group, a gathering, an idea and the need to be interconnected is an innate behaviour. In this century, this just got translated into social media, but the objective is the same – to stay connected with other people. Moreover, we are in an era of customer-centricity, where products and services are dictated by customers rather than the other way around. A business ceases to be relevant or needed if it does not find a way to connect to its customers and vice versa.
2) Proliferation of Video. Video is expected to claim 80% of all web traffic by 2019. Imagine the bandwidth needed to address that projection! Furthermore, 59% of decision-makers would rather watch a video than read a blog or article. The opportunity is too great to ignore.
3) Cloud Computing is the operations norm.Whether you are a small business or a multinational business, Cloud Computing is a strategy that cannot be ignored. Its huge savings taken out of capital expenditure is just one of the enticing reasons why businesses are moving into the cloud. However, a cloud platform needs a reliable bandwidth for it to work. Without a stable connection, it’s a problem more than a solution.
4) Ubiquity, multi-platform business operations.Many would think that Cloud Computing was an ambitious move given the challenges on implementation and changes in mindset. But as demands come faster, businesses need a better way to increase revenue, so bottomline has a positive impact. Sales need to be more agile with better tools and availability of these tools whenever, wherever they are.
5) Internet of Things is here.The Internet of Things is more than just the collection of cool technology, but a way of life. Internet connectivity is on top of this enablement. Without it, businesses soon will not be able to provide their services following this lifestyle change.
Businesses in Fibre
Businesses must make a decision to choose reliability and stability. That can come from a number of things, but so do challenges. The last thing that you want to deal with is an unreliable connectivity when you have all the right technologies and equipment in place. Present and future, fibre connectivity addresses the demands posted in today’s business environment.
How To Keep Your Personal Information Anonymous And Secure While Using A Web Browser
Browsing the web or checking Facebook a few times a day has recently become something natural as breathing and eating. People wake up, immediately reaching for their phones to be up to date. Is it already an addiction to the Internet? Of course, it depends…
How To Stay More Secure When Using Kubernetes
Kubernetes is an open-source system for automating deployment of new apps and software, and is becoming increasingly popular due to its utility in going back to previous versions. But while lots of developers are excited to take advantage of the benefits and convenience offered by…
If Online Privacy Is Dead, Is There Anything We Can Do?
The online world is both wonderful and frightening in equal measure. On the one hand, we have access to unlimited information and resources, but on the other, we have zero privacy. For most adults, the internet is a part of every aspect of their daily…
Reason To Choose Comodo SSL Certificate To Secure Your Website
It should be clear by now that for your website to survive in this modern era, hacker ridden internet era, it is important for all the information that go on it or through it to be encrypted. To have a website without SSL protection is…
6 Unexpected Security Concerns, and How to Prepare
As powerful as the Internet is right now, it’s impossible to even imagine where it will go over the next years and beyond. But, as fast as security protection continues to improve, hackers seem to improve even more quickly. Everything from new devices to apps…
- 3D Printing
- App Dev
- Artificial Intelligence
- Arts and Entertainment
- Big Data
- Blockchain Tech
- Business Technology
- Car Technology
- Cloud Computing
- Cloud Storage
- Computer and Technology
- Conference Calling
- Coupons and Deals
- Cyber Security
- Dark Left 1
- Data Center
- Data Recovery
- Digital Arena
- Digital Marketing
- Edu Tech
- Email Marketing
- Google Glass
- Guides and Tutorials
- Health and Fitness
- Home Appliance
- Home Improvement
- Home Security
- Internet and Businesses Online
- Internet Marketing
- IT Careers
- Mobile Apps
- Mobile Security
- New Tech
- Online Shopping
- Project Management
- Reference and Education
- Reputation Management
- Sales & Marketing
- Self Improvement
- Shopping and Product reviews
- Small Business
- Social Media
- Tech Trends
- Technical Support
- Technology in Education
- Tips & Tricks
- Tips And Tricks
- Video Conferencing
- Virtual Reality
- Wearable Technology
- Web Design
- Web Development
- Web Hosting
Branding On- And Offline
Creating an effective and impactful presence both on- and offline is vital for your business whether you are a florist or mechanic, a patisserie or a financial advisor. Online Branding Very few businesses exist without some form of website. Whether you pay for someone to…
What Is An Advanced Threat?
When you are on the hunt for business cyber security solutions, you are almost certain to come across products in a category called advanced threat protection. These security tools are available both as software or managed services and differ in approaches to security; some might…
Online Security Tips You Might Not Know About
Technology is now playing a major role in our daily lives. From how we work to how we spend our leisure time; it is central to us all now. Of course, a tech advance that has transformed our lives the most is the internet. While…
Here’s How Proxies Can Aid Email Protection
Are you concerned about your email protection measures? If that is the case, then this is for you. It all began in November 2014 with leaked emails from Sony Movie Pictures. After this leakage of emails went viral all over the world, people, organizations and…
3 Ways to Prepare For Cyber Security Risks That Employees Must Know
In a world where everything is much easier to do via mobile, app, or device, technology is not going to slow down. We’re all guilty of potentially owning more than one device, whether that is our personal phones, work phones, tablets or fitness trackers. All…
Non-Negotiable Elements For Your Business IT Security Plan
In 2019, having a business IT security plan is more important than ever. An IT security plan is the first line of defense you have for protecting your business – and your clients – against cybercriminals. Cybercriminals include hackers, who frequently obtain personal information with…