A web presence is an essential part of any successful business. These days, the first place people go when they’re looking for recommendations or when they’re researching a major purchase. Some people even prefer to do their shopping online, for everything from clothing to furniture to groceries. Your business will often make its first impression through its website so you must make sure it’s successful.
How to Make Sure Your Business Website Is Effective
Having an eye popping, functional website that’s easy to navigate and fits your brand is one of the best things you can do for your business. There are a few points to keep in mind when trying to make your business website a success:
- Unless you have experience with programming and web design, you should use a professional web designer. While there are plenty of ways for you to go about building your own website without any experience, it’s probably best for your bottom line to spend the money on a professional. This way, you can be sure you get a beautiful, streamlined, functioning website that will attract visitors.
- Your website has to be mobile friendly. Mobile devices have become the primary way that people access the internet. Not having a website optimized for mobile will isolate a good portion of potential customers. You might want to also consider having an app designed that matches the feel of your website.
- Content should be relevant and engaging. It should also make you sound credible so that your customers believe you know what you’re talking about. This applies to any text that appears, from product descriptions to catchy headers to FAQs.
- Don’t forget visuals. You want a great logo, icons, and photos, but you also need to consider those people who had visual learners. Try adding some charts, graphs, and videos to get your information across instead of using only text.
- Make sure you use organic SEO, or search engine optimization. You might be able to get a professional writer through the web design company or find one that works doing only SEO. The “rules” for how search engines prioritize their results changes all the time. You can no longer just stuff keywords and hope people will find your page. A professional content writer will know how to get your page to rank high in search results.
- Make sure there’s an easy way for customers to contact you. A contact section with a phone number and an email is great, but it’s best to take it a step further and include an online option, like an instant chat or an online form to submit. That way, customers can do everything right on the website.
A Great First Impression
A professional, engaging website is a great way to make a first impression on your customers. An out of date website that doesn’t have the customer experience in mind is just as bad as no website at all. It can make your business seem out of date and can lead to a lot of missed opportunities.