Desktops Are Like Open Books – Here’s What Your Screen Has To Say
Like most things with a personal touch, computer desktops, or home screens if you will, can tell an entire story about someone’s personality, what they like and dislike, or who they hold dear. While some do a better job than others when it comes to hiding these personal details, others leave everything “on the table”, and their computer screens are like open books for anyone interested.
What can be learned from a computer screen?
Depending on how someone chooses to organize and customize their desktop, you can get a sense of the kind of person you’re dealing with. Let’s take a look and see what kind of hints you can look out for if you want to learn more about a friend or colleague.
Choosing a wallpaper
- Looking for clues between the icons is a neat way of discovering more about a person, but their wallpaper is right there, in your face. As such, you may find that some really obvious traits about their personality come out when you take a second look at what they’ve chosen as their desktop picture.
- You can tell from a wallpaper what is the most important thing in a person’s life. For instance, if they have a beautiful picture of nature scenery, it might mean that they like to travel and explore the world. If they have a picture of their friends, they might be a popular individual. In this respect, parents often use pictures of their kids as desktop wallpapers.
- People who sport wallpapers of medals and trophies are usually the kind of people who like to remember their glory days and to enjoy their past success. They also like to be defined and remembered for their accomplishments. However, whether those are really their trophies on-screen or a wallpaper from wallwiz is hard to tell.
There are plenty of things to be learned about a person, and it’s astonishing just how out in the open some really personal details are. Keeping your eyes opened for little details like these can help you learn a lot about someone.
Icons play a big role when it comes to deciphering someone’s personality. There are a couple of tells related to icons:
- If a person has a lot of rows of icons across their screen, it means that they like having everything on hand, and they like being ready to go in a matter of moments. They don’t like having to look for stuff, so they make sure that everything is within reaching distance when they need it.
- People that just have a lot of icons on their screen, period, can be classified as disorganized people and you can pretty much assume that they lose focus very easily. Organization isn’t their strong suit, and they can let things degenerate into a big mess.
- Those who choose to keep equal number of icons on each side of the screen are very organized people and they like achieving balance. These are important traits for them and usually they can be counted on with keeping an organized agenda.
Your Business Needs These 13 Digital Security Solutions – Here’s How To Get The Most Out Of Each
How would you characterize your organization’s digital security posture? If you’re not sure how to answer this question, or perhaps would prefer not to answer it at all, you’re not alone. Countless decision-makers, from uber-competent CTOs and CISOs to CEOs and COOs who couldn’t code…
Louisiana And Oklahoma Introduce Digital Identification To Prevent Fake ID Use
Digital ID in Louisiana Utilizing digital IDs has been a commonly broached topic for a while now. Although most states are only either deliberating their helpfulness or in the utmost initial stages, Louisiana has moved forward. The primary introduction of this technology was done back…
ScanGuard Review – Here is What You Should Know
Doesn’t it sound good and satisfying to have a goop-performing antivirus that is reliable enough? Yes, it is. For that reason, you need to be extra careful when you are in search of a good antivirus. Put all the necessary factors into consideration so that…
The Emerging Need for Social Media Security
By the time you’ve finished reading this sentence, nearly 700 passwords have been stolen from social media accounts across the world. Social media security breaches have the potential to cause up to $6 trillion in cybercrime damages by 2021, up from $3 billion in costs…
Which New Lorex Security Camera Is Right for Your Home?
Keeping your family and your possessions safe requires a proactive approach, and one way to protect what you care about is with a security camera system. Lorex Technology is well known for their security camera solutions, and their two newest products will change the way…
- 3D Printing
- App Dev
- Artificial Intelligence
- Arts and Entertainment
- Big Data
- Blockchain Tech
- Business Technology
- Car Technology
- Cloud Computing
- Cloud Storage
- Computer and Technology
- Conference Calling
- Coupons and Deals
- Cyber Security
- Dark Left 1
- Data Center
- Data Recovery
- Digital Arena
- Digital Marketing
- Edu Tech
- Email Marketing
- Google Glass
- Guides and Tutorials
- Health and Fitness
- Home Improvement
- Home Security
- Internet and Businesses Online
- Internet Marketing
- IT Careers
- Mobile Apps
- Mobile Security
- New Tech
- Online Shopping
- Project Management
- Reference and Education
- Reputation Management
- Sales & Marketing
- Shopping and Product reviews
- Small Business
- Social Media
- Tech Trends
- Technical Support
- Technology in Education
- Tips & Tricks
- Tips And Tricks
- Video Conferencing
- Virtual Reality
- Wearable Technology
- Web Design
- Web Development
- Web Hosting
GoPro Studio SUBSTITUTE — Try VideoProc to easily edit GoPro 4K videos
It’s a downright understatement to say that GoPro has changed the way we capture video content. If you’d to handle equipment big enough to fill a room for capturing quality content back in the old days, you can do the same using a simple-enough carriage…
Customer Credit: Great For Them But A Headache For You
In most B2B industries, trade credit is common practice. Customers come in expecting a certain amount of credit extended to them along with a healthy number of days before an invoice must be paid. Trying to buck that trend can mean missing out on growth….
Non-Negotiable Elements For Your Business IT Security Plan
In 2019, having a business IT security plan is more important than ever. An IT security plan is the first line of defense you have for protecting your business – and your clients – against cybercriminals. Cybercriminals include hackers, who frequently obtain personal information with…
Businesses Need To Be Proactive When It Comes To Cyber Security
For business of any size, making sure they are not only compliant with security regulations but continually improving and adjusting the measures they have in place is vital. Quite often the factor which determines how a business approaches cyber security is the mindset of the…
How To Become A Cyber Security Analyst
What is Cyber Security? Cyber security is the practice of protecting a system or network from digital attacks. These attacks are generally aimed to retrieve or destroy sensitive information and it is a serious threat to all the organizations. Who is A Cyber Security Analyst…