If you like scrolling through channels like ABC, CNN, and HBO, you now have more than one option to watch TV and your favorite channels with more variety at your fingertips. You can stick either with the conventional cable TV or with satellite TV as they had been around for decades now. Otherwise, you have an option for various alternatives that live stream TV channels online. In either case, you can watch whatever you want, Live TV, catch the latest shows, or your favorite sitcom airing right away.
Contrary to that, other popular live streaming services including Netflix are not technically channels or compilations of channel line-ups. Instead, they are generally perceived as digital libraries of movies and TV shows at your disposal.
Cable TV vs Streaming Live TV
The consumers have religiously hated their cable companies that if we ask what was the reason behind the rise of cable TV usage we cannot guess. However, we can be certain about the fact that there are some Cable TV providers giving quality services at reasonable prices. Cable TV connection such as Wave cable allows you to get hundreds of channels in customizable line-ups twenty-four seven without having to wait for anything. If we compare it with online Live TV streaming, with cable TV you do not have to undergo buffering or loading issues due to the bandwidth restrictions or have to rely on an uncooperative Wi-Fi connection.
Enlisting here a few reasons why some people would want to reconsider their decision of keeping a conventional cable TV package:
- The familiarity and convenience factor – before we count any other factor the very predictable factor that comes when we buy a cable TV connection is bundling it up with our internet connection or home phone from the same provider. Most people just request their already existing telecom provider to give them this service as well. By doing this, they get the convenience of paying one bill to the same provider for multiple services which saves their time and energy along with the familiarity factor where they have all the numbers, information, and somewhat brief idea about the plans too.
- Economical packages – Companies are now focusing on providing cheaper services to their consumers and making plans that are reduced to essentials. The economical packages are designed to compete with all the cable alternative services on the market. Wave, for instance, offers a completely customizable plan including the local cable transmission with an option of the customizable expanded Wave cable plan that costs $78 a month. All the economical prices are competing against Live TV Streaming plans that usually start from $40 or $50 monthly charges.
- Better cable box: Heavy, conventional, cable TV boxes are becoming an old and gone thing now, major cable TV providers are at least indicating this. Various major companies now give next-generation set-top boxes with the latest interfaces and supporting features for the modern TV sets including 4k with HDR (High Dynamic Range). Providers are now providing apps so their consumers can watch whatever they want whenever it is convenient for them, the same as YouTube or Netflix services. New cable boxes are now compatible with voice commands from Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa, so one can easily search for movies or TV shows or simply change the channel.
However, the annual consumer survey reports are not very satisfactory and cable TV providing companies showed low scores due to the delivered value and customer services.
LIVE Streaming TV
Cable TV consumers had complained about getting the channel line-up they did not like and to make it worse, some options are not even available in some areas. All the latest cable alternate Live Streaming services are providing a solution to both the issues caused by Cable TV providers. The popular Live TV streaming options on the market offer on average 33 channels to the line-up of 140 plus more. Below mentioned is a list of all the right reasons you might consider signing up for a Live Stream TV service.
- Mixed Content: The variety of content lets the viewers enjoy and indulge in the potential of having a wide range of content, which is appropriate for the price. The best part is you can get this changed to another tier of services or switch to another company without having to wait for an appointment from the support team of the company or something of that sort.
- Reasonable prices: According to popular opinions and now, a marketing research company called e-Marketer also shared that the cable-replacement options are available at the half price of all the cable TV providers on the market. One can easily sign-up for a starter pack of channels for a minimum price as low as $15 a month. A standard deal of channels where you get 60-70 channels in the lists that are comprised of local channels and cable TV broadcasts like CNN and HBO are usually available for $45 to $50 a month, which is low-priced if compared with any fundamental plan.
- Less confusion: The irksome hidden charges or the ones that usually do not make sense on the monthly cable TV bill are not something you will find with Live Streaming TV services. However, yes, unless you have signed up for any premium service or DVR storage which you have to pay back through monthly installments. However, these are all optional services, totally depending on your choice and not imposed or hidden charges.
Everybody has a different approach and requirements while signing up for any service. I have shared the most prominent yet obvious comparison of both services. As a buyer, you have to figure out which service suits you more and for that, you should research more to get a clearer picture and room for comparison.