MSIGL62M 7RE-407 can be easily called the best gaming laptop under 1000. It comes with a 15.6 inch screen and as such is a viable option for a gamer who is looking for a high class gaming laptop that does not cost a fortune. Most of the gaming laptops available at less than 1000 dollars come with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 GPU (graphics processing unit). This is also true of MSI GL62M 7RD-058 as well. However, this particular laptop comes with GTX 1050 Ti, which is much stronger than GTX 1050 Ti. Thanks to this GPU this machine offers a higher frame rate and its performance is much smoother as well.
This means that the overall gaming experience that you get with this laptop is quite better. It comes with an Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor. It would offer 75 per cent of the performance that you would get with the Intel Core i7-7700HQ processor that is a lot more popular. With this processor you would still be able to run just about every modern video game out there. You would understand the difference when try to put strain on the settings by trying to multitask or using applications that require a lot out of your CPU (central processing unit).
The machine also does not have a backlit keyboard, which is something that you might want from your gaming laptop. But then again this is why the laptop is priced at less than 1000 dollars and it should not act as a deal breaker. Most of the gaming laptops in this pricing range still use that DDR4 2133Mhz RAM (random access memory) modules but our machine over here uses the 2400MHz RAM that is of a slightly higher frequency. This is what helps the laptop perform at the level that it does.
The laptop is worth around 899.99 dollars.
Some other names
Following are the other major names in this regard as well as their prices:
- ASUS FX502VM-AH51 – 865.24 dollars
- ASUS K501UW-AB78 – 949 dollars
- ASUS ZX53VW-AH58 – 912.42 dollars
- Lenovo Legion Y520 80WK00FHUS – 894.03 dollars
- Dell Inspiron i7559-2512BLK – 799.99 dollars
- Razer Blade Stealth RZ09-01962E20-R3U1 – 899.99dollars
- MSI GL62M 7RD-058 – 899 dollars
- Lenovo Ideapad Y700 80NV0029US – 954.39 dollars
- Acer Aspire VX5-591G-75RM – 999 dollars
- Acer Aspire VX5-591G-5652 – 799.99 dollars
- Acer Aspire E 15 E5-575G-57D4 – 579.99 dollars
- ASUS R516UX-RH71 – 750 dollars
- ASUS X555UB-NS71 – 670 dollars
- Lenovo Ideapad 700-151SK 80RU00FEUS – 799.99 dollars
So, as you can see that there are laptops under 1000 dollars in all price categories. This means that if you find ones closer to 1000 dollars a little too expensive for your taste then you can always try the ones underneath that category. You can also be sure that just because the prices are not that much you would not need to compromise on the aspect of quality. You will see to your utter delight that you would be able to play all the latest video games that are being played by your friends on much costlier laptops.