Accurate Real Time Location For An IP Address – 10 Things to Know
In today’s world, where customers want a personalized user experience, businesses need to collect accurate location data based on the user’s IP address. The real-time location data for an IP address includes the user’s city, country, continent, latitude, longitude, etc. This means businesses can use this data to customize content on their website for users from different parts of the world.
Given the benefits of knowing the real-time location of an IP address, we’ve compiled a list of 10 important things you should keep in mind while doing IP to geolocation.
- What Is The Best Way to Get The Accurate Real-Time Location For An IP Address?
- Do All IP to Geolocation APIs Provide Accurate Real-Time Location Data?
- Can I Get the Real-Time Location of Any IP Address Using An IP to Geolocation API?
- Is It Easy to Get Real-Time Location for An IP Address Using An API?
- Can I Get Accurate Location Data of Multiple IP Addresses With An IP to Geolocation API?
- Can I Prevent Fraud With Accurate Location Data of An IP Address?
- Can I Improve Customer Engagement and Conversion Rate Using The Location Data Of An IP Address?
- Can I Get Currency Data For A Location Returned For An IP Address?
- Can I Get Time Zone Information Based on Users’ IP Address?
- What is Requester IP Lookup?
1. What Is The Best Way to Get The Accurate Real-Time Location For An IP Address?
While there are several ways to get the location of an IP address, the best and most accurate way is to use an IP to geolocation API. An IP to geolocation API essentially identifies the location of the device which your user/customer uses to connect to the internet. The API then returns important location data points, such as the user’s city, region, country, latitude, and longitude. Some powerful and efficient APIs like ipstack also provide additional data points, such as time zone, currency, and postal code of a particular location.
2. Do All IP to Geolocation APIs Provide Accurate Real-Time Location Data?
There are a lot of IP to geolocation APIs in the market, but not all APIs provide accurate location data. It’s because different APIs have different data sources. While many APIs will give you about 95% accurate IP to country data, most APIs aren’t that accurate when it comes to the city and regional data, especially if your customer isn’t located in a metropolitan area.
Additionally, many APIs aren’t capable of differentiating between a fake and genuine IP, so they can return an incorrect location against an IP address. This is where you need a reliable IP address to geolocation API like ipstack. ipstack uses rock-solid sources, such as large ISPs, to provide the most accurate and consistent real-time location data for any IP address.
3. Can I Get the Real-Time Location of Any IP Address Using An IP to Geolocation API?
Different APIs are capable of covering different locations. This means not all IP to geolocation APIs can return the location of each and every IP address. So, it’s essential to evaluate if the API you’re choosing meets your coverage capacity. ipstack covers more than 2 million unique locations in over 200,000 cities worldwide. This means you can trust ipstack to provide the accurate real-time location for almost any IPv4 or IPv6 address around the world.
4. Is It Easy to Get Real-Time Location for An IP Address Using An API?
5. Can I Get Accurate Location Data of Multiple IP Addresses With An IP to Geolocation API?
When you want to get location data of multiple IP addresses, requesting data for each individually can be tiring and time-consuming. However, with ipstack’s Bulk IP lookup feature, you can easily request data for 50 IP addresses at a time. To get data of multiple IPv4 and IPv6 addresses, you simply need to append multiple IP addresses (separated by commas) to the API’s base URL.
6. Can I Prevent Fraud With Accurate Location Data of An IP Address?
With accurate location data of an IP address, you can definitely prevent fraud. For example, when you know the real location of your customers, you can compare it with their shipping and billing address and see if the location provided by the customer is real or fake.
7. Can I Improve Customer Engagement and Conversion Rate Using The Location Data Of An IP Address?
With accurate location data of your users, you can customize your web app or web page based on the location of the customers. For example, you can show content in Spanish to a user located in Spain. You can also use location data to display relevant product offers to customers based on their location. IP-based location data can also be used for location-specific and targeted advertising. This, in turn, improves customer engagement and increases your conversion rate.
8. Can I Get Currency Data For A Location Returned For An IP Address?
You can use the currency module of ipstack to instantly get accurate currency data for the location. The currency data includes the name, symbol, code, etc., of the primary currency used in a specific location. This currency information is helpful in delivering a tailored shopping experience. For example, you can use this information to display the prices of your products or services in the local currencies of your customers.
9. Can I Get Time Zone Information Based on Users’ IP Address?
With ipstack, you can get accurate location as well as time zone information for an IP address. The time zone data includes the current time, GMT offset, and code of the time zone. This is a super useful feature as it lets you collect the time zone information of your users without asking them to fill out any forms. You can use this data to optimize your marketing and promotional campaigns and enhance the customer experience. For example, when you know about the time zone your users are located in, you can display events, such as sale start and end time, in their local time. Additionally, you can also use this information to show timestamps in the local time of your customers.
10. What is Requester IP Lookup?
Requester IP lookup is an endpoint of ipstack API that provides accurate location data from which the current API request is coming.
Do you want to personalize your website content based on your users’ IP addresses? Start using ipstack today to get accurate real-time location data for any IP address.