9 Reasons You Should Get A Scrum Master Certification
What is a Scrum Master?
Scrum is an agile framework, which can be applied to effectively manage complex projects, usually in the field of software development. In this agile world of Scrum, instead of providing a detailed strategy of how a project is to be executed, most of it is left to the software development team, as they would know best how to solve the problem they are presented with. The role under the Scrum framework that enables the team to achieve its targets is that of the Scrum Master. A Scrum Master is the facilitator for an agile development team,who manages the process of information exchange
Who is it for?
This certification is aimed largely at executives, mid-level managers, and software developers responsible for the development of a product in a large software company. This course would also be beneficial to those individuals who aren’t currently in such a role but who wish to shift to a similar role in the near future. It is advisable to have a few years of experience either as a project manager, project owner or similar leadership roles, however it is not vital.
Let’s have a look at the top 9 reasons to become a ScrumMaster
1. Globally recognized
- Scrum is a framework used by companies all over the world. By certifying yourself as a ScrumMaster, you’re looking at being able to expand your career to anywhere in the world.
2. Offers flexibility
- Being a one size fits all system, you will become eligible to implement this agile system regardless of the size of the enterprise and scale it to your needs.
3. Paves a good career path
- Let’s face it, you are here because you want to improve your resume and expand your portfolio. By getting a certification in Scrum, you are helping yourself stand out of the crowd and gaining the ability to add value to whichever company you decide to join.
4. Do at your own pace
- Working professionals will understand, time is scarce and in this day and age to spend hours and days on learning seems like an impossible task. Most online tutors know that and design their courses to give you the greatest benefit in the least amount of time. This is often backed up with assignments that can be done according to your schedule.
5. You learn from best
- Leaders in the industry would recruit the services of tutors who are on top of their field. They would be capable enough to guide you from the most basic to the most advanced levels and be knowledgeable enough to clear all your queries.
6. You get credibility from the institution
- By doing the CSM Certification from a recognised institute, you are setting yourself up for success. With hours of practical, hands on learning along with the theoretical knowledge which comes as a part of their curriculum, you will be able to implement the Scrum framework as soon as you finish the course.
7. You have a lot of options to explore
- The online world is full of avenues that provide the Certified Scrum Master® Course. However, many of the online courses do not cover the cost of the exam which comes at the end of the classes. Your initial payment should ideally cover all the services provided including assignments and the cost of your first try at certification.
8. Gain membership with Scrum Alliance
- The Scrum alliance hosts and sponsors events worldwide. You can join and interact with Scrum peers with ease at events near you, get access to member only content and also a job board dedicated solely to Scrum and Agile organisations with qualified Agile professionals.
9. Access a network of Scrum professionals
- Most courses would give you access to a network of working professionals, online social circles and additional exclusive resources
These are the 9 reasons you should do the Scrum Master Certification course. Sign up for the CSM certification today!