Sports betting has literally become an on the go, dynamic and globally active phenomenon with the advent of apps like the 888Sport. The company, a bookmaker since 1997, realized the importance of online betting back in 2007 through its launch of its online betting site and now has upped the ante by bringing it into the handheld devices category through its 888Sport App.
What is in store?
Let us have a look at the key features:
- Layout: The black and orange color scheme helps in easy reading and given that you would be needing essential features at the click of a button, a bright color like orange against a black background certainly helps. Don’t forget the importance of all this on a smaller screen (a mobile handset).
- Live betting: Bet as the action unfolds! The real-time scores help you to cash-in and withdraw at will dynamically. The most popular bets are visible at the bottom of the screen and hence you are always aware of the blazing sporting events.
- Lots and lots of sports: You get to bet on Football, Tennis (Bet and watch the action from all racing UK tracks), Rugby, Snooker, Ice Hockey, Golf, Cricket etc.
- Interesting non-sporting events too! Get the adrenaline rush going by betting on the Oscars, reality shows and even the exciting elections!
- Multiple deposit, withdrawal options: With over 21 different ways for withdrawing innings and depositing cash, flexibility is one key offering from 888Sports.
- Multi-currency and multi-language features: Various European dialects apart from English help “globalize” the app’s reach. Also, it supports 5 currencies and hence cashing-in is thoroughly streamlined with this flexible option.
How to get it on your phone?
- From the desktop: Go the official website and you will see the page below. Three easy options are available for getting the app on your phone.
- From the mobile itself: If you want to use 888sport app on iOS devices, you can download it from the iTunes store. There is no such dedicated app for Android users (the 888Sport web app is available) yet.
We believe that an issue with the app could be the inability to access multiple features through a mobile handset compared to that from large screen sizes like that of the iPad. Navigation is easier on the iPad and users have also voiced concerns over the lag and cramping visible on smartphones. (Compare the images below)
The mobile app interface
The iPad app interface
Apart from that, we believe that a few updates could certainly soften the above issues and an increasing user base would realize the hassle-free touch of this safe-betting app. We really loved the app’s “global” proclivity with it offering multiple languages and currencies for flexible usage.
Also, the excitement of betting and thereafter watching a race live from the iPad is something that adds to the overall adrenaline rush thus experienced. What is really an innovative offering from their side is the introduction of non-sporting events that did not have much of an organized betting foundation and thus provides a platform for the “informal” betters to come forth and utilize the app for the same.