In the new era of COVID-19, online education is thriving. Which is especially great for students who have high hopes to get an online degree. Never learned marketing, economics, finance, or accounting? Well, now you can acquire the Master of Business Administration and stay in the comfort of your chair. Check the courses we have picked up for you below.
Developed by Brunchwork, this course aims to give you the basic knowledge of what the business field actually is. Imagine that you want to create a paper writing service – PaperWriter.com that would help other students all around the planet. Firstly, you need to know your audience. Secondly, how to reach your potential clients in the best way. Thirdly, how to make your audience choose you among other service-related companies.
As a result, the Business Intensive course will teach you the following:
- How to create a business concept;
- What is a brand strategy and how to develop it;
- What is a 10-K report and how to ‘decode’ it;
- How to present a business idea that sells;
- How to collect information on the users.
Corporate Finance by New York University
This course aims to teach you how funds and investors relate to businesses. As a business owner, one must know how to raise funds and invest finances to let a business thrive. The perks of the course are:
- Theoretical sessions and practical classes. The classes are divided into theory and practice. Yet following the schedule is easy.
- Perfect for iPhone fans. Use the iTunes U application to listen to the course.
- Make iPad your personal classroom. Again, all materials are saved on your iPad.
- Separate lecture packets. The lecture material is saved in different files. Review them anytime you need to!
Graphic Design Bootcamp: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
Modern business creators are supposed to be jack-of-all-trades. Sure, you must know how to organize your business. But you should also have a vision of other business aspects. For instance, you should know how to make logos and posters if you love a do-it-yourself approach.
- Be a modern artist. This course will teach you how to use programs like Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator to serve your business goals. No need for special art education.
- Short-time course. One of the best features of Udemy among all websites for studying is its focus on time. This particular course is only 15 hours long.
- Downloadable materials. Study anytime and anywhere you want to. No need for constant Internet access since you can download all educational sources.
Sales Training: Building Your Sales Career
You can be an amazing creator of modern things that will change the world. But how to persuade your audience that they all need your new development? This is exactly what this course will teach you. If you want to build a long-lasting career in sales, check this course out.
- Communication. Yes, selling products is all about talking. But gestures, mimics, and intonations also play a great part in the process of persuading.
- Psychology. Buyers differ. For instance, there are active and passive buyers. You will learn about other types of buyers as well. Meanwhile, you will learn psychological tricks on how to behave with the clients and earn their trust.
- Sales strategy. As a matter of fact, you will get basic knowledge of business and sales strategies.
Introduction to Project Management by edX
Though edX is less popular among platforms for studying, it suggests many perks to its users. The edX is mostly business and management-oriented. Yet you can effortlessly find plenty of business-related courses here.
The course contains materials for 6 weeks of studying and requires only 3 hours of your precious time per week. In the end, you get knowledge and a certificate which proves it.
In the Introduction to Project Management, you will learn the following:
- How to manage the project from the start and till the completion;
- How to organize and scope the project stages;
- The importance of deadlines;
- Leadership skills like strategic thinking and timely response to a problem;
- How to manage people and deliver your message efficiently.
The best thing about this course is that you can apply all the skills in your personal life as well.
How to Build a Startup
Eventually, you may want to progress from a sales manager to a business owner. This is where understanding how to build a promising startup gives odds. Sponsored by Udacity, this course suggests many benefits to the platform’s students.
- The course is free and lasts for around 1 month. Now that’s a short time to become an entrepreneur!
- It has quizzes to check your knowledge. Yes, the creators have made the course fun and easy.
- No need for a rush. When choosing this course, you get an opportunity for self-paced learning. Deadlines are flexible, and professors are understanding.
- Steve Black, the course’s instructor, is a professional in teaching students skills to survive in the business world.
- You will learn so many things! Start with business models and customer development. Continue with a value proposition and customer segments. Never heard these terms before? Check out the course!
Work Smarter, Not Harder
As a rule of thumb, Coursera has turned into one of the top online educational platforms which have ever existed in the digital space. In the new course from UCI, you will learn time management and planning techniques.
Everyone in the business field should know how to prioritize and delegate tasks. Yet, these are also skills you will learn while working on projects and doing home tasks. Other perks to get from the course are:
- Flexible deadlines. Don’t have time for everything? Just skip the deadline and reset it to fit your personal goals.
- Certificate. Yes, the course from the University of California is fully credible.
- Specialization. If you like the course, continue with other courses in the Coursera specialization. A great way to deepen the knowledge you have gotten from working smarter (pun intended).
Online education has confidently opened the doors of the COVID-19 epoch. If you have always wanted to major in business, the time has come. The cherry on top is that most online business courses are free. We hope the list of courses helped you choose the one which suits your needs and professional goals best of all.