Most organizations set out to give their customers the best experience. However, so many factors come in the way that makes it hard to manage and satisfy customer expectations. The system of having a smooth interface with your customers and your front-line agents takes a lot of synchronization. It is important to note that virtually every growing business at some point would need to implement a call back solution. The timing, resources, and technology implemented is critical to the overall success of the organization.
Recently, there has been a lot of debate on how best to create a quality experience for each customer who calls in. The platform for this interaction now goes beyond the conventional calls but includesmobile apps, online platforms, social media and so much more. The technicalities of creating a smooth experience across the board can be achieved with the cooperation of the service agents and the technology employed. The call back system has bridged the gap of reducing customer frustration. The average customer rarely holds on to a call once it crosses the one minute mark; while most have even a shorter wait time!
A drop in call volumes in most cases show that something is wrong with the rules of engagement employed by an organization. What more? The resources you need to keep the call back system up and running has proven over time to be an investment worth making. Most savvy businesses are seeking the best resources to stay ahead of the competition. The Call back system has revolutionized the operational system for every business and it is essential to know how to go about working the system to your advantage.
Lets have a look now at 5 reasons why its a good idea for call centers to use callback:
1. Most Customers prefer a Callback: Since the introduction of the callback system in the 90’s, it has become an acceptable system for interacting with the customer. In retrospect, it must be mentioned that the system operated in the early days ”Valley Callback” and ”Countdown Callback” systems. These did not produce the best results. The Valley Callback system simply waited until the peak time was over to place a call to the customer. This meant that customers had to wait in some cases for hours before they got a return call. On the other hand, the countdown callback system gave the customers a time in which a call would be returned. This automated system made the calls even when the live agents were not in a position to respond to the call and this led to more frustration on both ends.
Times have changed. The innovation of callback service and other leading callback software organizations has led to a new paradigm in the customer engagement experience. Recent research shows that about 63% of callers prefer a callback. The implementation of the virtual queuing system has taken the pain out of waiting on hold indefinitely.. Virtual queuing simply places a call once a live agent is free to speak to the customer. This has created a smooth effect in dealing with call volumes at various points in time.
2. It helps to manage your overhead costs: One of the major expenditure that every business faces is personnel costs. When call volumes increase, the rational thing to do would be to employ more call center agents. However, when there is a low call rate this increases your redundancy ratio and ultimately affects your profit margin. Beyond this, the cost of huge telecommunication bills despite the low success rates in the calls made is a no-no for every discerning business. The callback system is easy to operate and takes a low maintenance margin to keep it functional. This means it is a credible return on investment for improving your customer interface.
Also, the one-time set up fee makes it a viable alternative than employing agents who would end up incurring recurrent expenditure for your business. One of the reasons of implementing a callback system from the point of the business owner is that you guard against leaks in your balance sheet.
3. The nature of your business and the context of its operations: Certain kinds of businesses are built on responding to emergency situations. For example, the locksmith does not have the benefit of time if he wants to remain in business for a long time. However, he has to appreciate the reality that certain situations might not permit him to respond instantly to calls from customers. This makes it important to have a system that shows promptness and concern for the Customers best interest. On the other hand, every business must be built to be customer-centric. The new horizon for emerging businesses has set high standards for customer satisfaction.
Businesses that have been operational for a while must embrace new technologies that keep them on the cutting edge. The virtualhold.com offerings are part of the software which is re-shaping the outlook of 21st Century businesses. It is easy to implement the software into your already existing customer service experience. There are currently various reviews that have shown how this increases productivity and cost-effectiveness for most businesses. It is a welcome development to be part of a Strategic business initiative.
4. It is easy to track and it guides your decision making: The new technology in the callbacks do not just make calls, it helps show you the average speed to answer, abandoned calls, hold times, etc. These are critical metrics for every business to leverage and optimize. Essentially, a proper diagnosis of the trends would help strengthen your in-house policies, service mechanism and improved trainings. Ultimately, it gives you a leading placement in creating an organization that is viable and is actively engaging its customers.
5. Loyalty spells success: Increasing loyalty in today’s world shows that the contact center must be functioning optimally. The callback system by virtualhold.com is not only bringing about positive data but showing that it has long-lasting positive effects on the business.