3 Deleted Text Messages Recovery Solutions For iPhone That Work
“How to recover deleted text messages on iPhone? I left my iPhone at home one day, and next thing I knew, all my messages are gone. One of my kids must have deleted it. I don’t know if they can still be recovered, but I really need them back. I need your help, please!”
Part 1. What to Do Once You Have Deleted Your Text Messages
If you are having a bad day because you’ve accidentally deleted your text messages, then do the following:
- Do not send new messages, take new pictures, or open your apps. Better yet, stop using your phone.
- Do not attempt to restart your phone for multiple times.
- Check if you have recently synced your iPhone with iCloud or iTunes.
You might wonder about item number 1. That is just a measure to keep your iPhone from creating new files. In reality, even though you can’t see your messages, they are just stored in your phone’s memory. They stay there until they are eventually overwritten by new data. If your erased SMS got overwritten, then the chance of recovery is near to zero.
Restarting your phone is inadvisable as it may lead to unwanted outcomes. Although it may be harmless, it’s better to be on the safe side. It’s good, too, if you were able to keep backups of your iPhone’s files. That way, you can easily access them when you need them. However, verify the last backup date first. Text messages are more difficult to backup just because you can send and receive new ones at any moment.
For example, you synced your iPhone with iTunes yesterday. That would mean that the new messages today were not included in the backup. If you also need your most recent messages, then that would prove to be a big problem. Good thing, we have a proposal for you. You’ll learn all about it in part 3 of this post.
But if you’re confident with your backup, then you can try to recover your deleted text messages with it. The next section of this article will guide you through it.
Part 2. How to Access Text Messages via Backup
Option 1: Deleted Text Messages Recovery via iCloud Backup
- Connect your iPhone to a stable internet connection.
- Head to Settings and tap General.
- Select Reset and tap Erase All Content and Settings.
- You will be prompted to enter your passcode. Select Erase iPhone. Remember, clicking this will reset your iPhone. That means deleting all data and settings.
- As your iPhone is being formatted, it will restart. Once it is on again, tap Restore from iCloud Backup from the choices.
- Log in to your iCloud account.
- Select the backup file you think has your messages.
Option 2: Deleted Text Messages Recovery via iTunes Backup
- Launch iTunes on your computer and turn off automatic syncing.
- Connect your iPhone to the computer. Once iTunes detects your phone, your device’s name will appear on the top right corner of the window. Click on it.
- Click Restore Backup.
iCloud and iTunes backups are convenient to have. However, is it easy and safe to restore them? Not really. First, you need to reset your phone and delete all existing data. That puts your data at risk. Second, it takes too much time to delete everything then restore everything. If you just lost your text messages, why go the trouble to recover your other files too?
If you think it’s not worth the risk, then you can try out one of the 3 deleted text messages recovery solutions we’ve prepared for you. We guarantee you, they work!
Part 3. Here are 3 Effective Deleted Text Messages Recovery Solutions
FoneDog iOS Data Recovery is the answer to your problem. It is a data recovery software that can restore lost data due to accidental deletion, phone damage, malware attack, and even a failed iOS update.
It’s no magic. It’s about taking advantage of your iPhone’s memory or your iCloud or iTunes backup. It does so safely and efficiently. As you explore these 3 solutions, you’ll learn how they work to recover your messages. That way, you’ll feel assured that your existing data stays safe no matter what.
Solution #1: Direct iPhone Scan to Recover Deleted iMessages
How it works
When your iPhone is connected to your computer, the software can scan its memory and detect all files. Those include existing, deleted and lost files.
- Run FoneDog iOS Data Recovery. Connect your iPhone to the computer using a USB cable.
- Select Recover from iOS Device from the available recovery options. Click Start Scan to proceed.
- A list of file types will be shown on the left side of the interface. Select Messages. On the other side of the window, you will see a preview of the list of found messages.
- Go over the messages and tick the boxes of the items that you need to recover.
- Click Recover to start the download.
Solution #2: iCloud Backup Scan to Restore Deleted Files
How it works
Once you are logged in to your iCloud account via the software, it gains access to your chosen backup file. You can choose specific file types you want to be restored so FoneDog can extract files faster. When it is done, you can preview and choose your desired files, and the software recovers them for you in a click. It restores files without the need to reset your phone and retrieve all data from your backup.
- Launch the software and connect your phone to the computer.
- Click Recover from iCloud Backup File from the left tab of the interface. Log in to your iCloud account by entering your Apple ID and password.
- A list of your iCloud backup files will appear. Select one and hit Download. You will be prompted to select the file types that you need. Since your goal is to recover deleted text messages, mark on Messages. Click Next.
- You will see the available messages on your iCloud backup. Select on those you want to restore and click Recover.
Solution #3: iTunes Backup To Retrieve Lost Messages from iPhone
How it works
The software scans your selected iTunes backup file and provides you with a preview of all saved files. You can selectively restore files and instantly download them to your computer.
- Open the software and connect your iPhone to the computer.
- Choose Recover from iTunes Backup File as the recovery method. Select one from the available iTunes backup files and hit Start Scan.
- From the recoverable file types, select Messages. On the preview section of the window, scroll through your SMS and tick the boxes of those you want to restore.
- On the bottom right corner of the interface, click Recover.
Part 4. Conclusion
FoneDog believes that getting back your data should not be stressful. Losing your files is already upsetting as it is. That is why we have specially designed FoneDog iOS Data Recovery to make deleted text messages recovery a breeze. Its interface can be easily navigated, and its high-speed scan can detect all files, hidden or not. It is also handy if you’ve also lost your images, videos, documents, and contacts. You will find that recover deleted messages from iPhone is so easy! Now, you don’t have to worry about losing files from your iPhone anymore! Click on The version to download and Free trial Now! (Windows Version，Mac Version)
Your Business Needs These 13 Digital Security Solutions – Here’s How To Get The Most Out Of Each
How would you characterize your organization’s digital security posture? If you’re not sure how to answer this question, or perhaps would prefer not to answer it at all, you’re not alone. Countless decision-makers, from uber-competent CTOs and CISOs to CEOs and COOs who couldn’t code…
Louisiana And Oklahoma Introduce Digital Identification To Prevent Fake ID Use
Digital ID in Louisiana Utilizing digital IDs has been a commonly broached topic for a while now. Although most states are only either deliberating their helpfulness or in the utmost initial stages, Louisiana has moved forward. The primary introduction of this technology was done back…
ScanGuard Review – Here is What You Should Know
Doesn’t it sound good and satisfying to have a goop-performing antivirus that is reliable enough? Yes, it is. For that reason, you need to be extra careful when you are in search of a good antivirus. Put all the necessary factors into consideration so that…
The Emerging Need for Social Media Security
By the time you’ve finished reading this sentence, nearly 700 passwords have been stolen from social media accounts across the world. Social media security breaches have the potential to cause up to $6 trillion in cybercrime damages by 2021, up from $3 billion in costs…
Which New Lorex Security Camera Is Right for Your Home?
Keeping your family and your possessions safe requires a proactive approach, and one way to protect what you care about is with a security camera system. Lorex Technology is well known for their security camera solutions, and their two newest products will change the way…
- 3D Printing
- App Dev
- Artificial Intelligence
- Arts and Entertainment
- Big Data
- Blockchain Tech
- Business Technology
- Car Technology
- Cloud Computing
- Cloud Storage
- Computer and Technology
- Conference Calling
- Coupons and Deals
- Cyber Security
- Dark Left 1
- Data Center
- Data Recovery
- Digital Arena
- Digital Marketing
- Edu Tech
- Email Marketing
- Google Glass
- Guides and Tutorials
- Health and Fitness
- Home Improvement
- Home Security
- Internet and Businesses Online
- Internet Marketing
- IT Careers
- Mobile Apps
- Mobile Security
- New Tech
- Online Shopping
- Project Management
- Reference and Education
- Reputation Management
- Sales & Marketing
- Shopping and Product reviews
- Small Business
- Social Media
- Tech Trends
- Technical Support
- Technology in Education
- Tips & Tricks
- Tips And Tricks
- Video Conferencing
- Virtual Reality
- Wearable Technology
- Web Design
- Web Development
- Web Hosting
These 4 Homegrown Industries Are Benefiting From Trade Policy Today
Trade policy is complex — and controversial. No matter where you locate yourself on the left-right divide, you can probably think of at least one friend or family member who vehemently disagrees with you on this particular issue. If you’ve taken the time to ask,…
Mathieu Chantelois, VP At The Canada Media Fund, Discusses Leadership Communications, Proudest Accomplishments
Mathieu Chantelois is something of a Renaissance man. At various points in his career, he’s worked as a magazine editor, a professor, a television presenter, a highly regarded journalist, and as a communications and marketing executive. Chantelois’ engagement in various social causes led him to…
How To Become A Cyber Security Analyst
What is Cyber Security? Cyber security is the practice of protecting a system or network from digital attacks. These attacks are generally aimed to retrieve or destroy sensitive information and it is a serious threat to all the organizations. Who is A Cyber Security Analyst…
Internet Security Tips For The Modern Age
The internet is no longer new. It’s been in most peoples homes for twenty years or more now, and we’ve all come to accept it as part and parcel of modern life. When it first began, it was something that we only had on our…
How to Immediately Improve Your Online Security
While the internet might seem paradisiacal, danger lurks in the obscurity of it. Apart from outsourcing your IT needs to specialists like IT support companies in London, there are immediate measures you can take to ensure your online world is as secure as the home…
Everything You Need To Know About Cybersecurity In 2019
With long workdays and jam-packed weekends, it’s a godsend that we can do most of our shopping, social interaction, and many other day-to-day tasks from the convenience of our computers and mobile devices. The internet has been making our lives so much easier for the…